Chapter Fourteen

<You’re my safe haven<3 >
-Chapter Fourteen: Talk with Laurel

Beau knocked on his mothers door softly after Jeremiah decided to play some games with Steven and Conrad. “Come in!” Beau heard his mothers muffled voice from inside the room, “Hey mama..” He walked into the room, closing the door behind him. “Oh hey Sweetie, What's up?” Beau sighed and sat on the bed next to his mother, criss-cross applesauce style, she followed but instead sat on one leg. “So..I can guess you already know what happened last night? And I don't have to tell you right?” She nodded confused, Beau sighed, looking down. “Mama what if dad finds out? Would he treat Jere differently? And Mr. Fisher too! But what if they try to break us up?” He started to panic as his mother watched him sadly.

She placed a hand on his knee to stop his rambling, Beau stopped talking but kept his eyes on his hands, his mother saw this and lifted his chin up. “Beau, you don't have to worry about what your fathers' think. It's obvious you are absolutely in love with Jeremiah. If they actually cared about your feelings and who you love, they would be happy for you. But if they don't, then that's their loss. They just miss out on your guys' beautiful and amazing lives.” At some point in her speech Beau started crying, he didn’t bother to wipe away his tears after all he is with his mother, one of the only people he knows he could trust with his feelings.

He stared at his mother while she smiled softly at him, stroking his cheek softly, wiping away the tears that wouldn't stop falling. Before she could say more, he tackled her in a hug, tears running down his face as he tried to hide in her neck. She pat his hair, “No matter what happens, I will always be here for you, that goes for Jeremiah as well. And knowing Susannah she will be there for you no matter what as well.” Beau's arms wrapped tighter around her as he let out small sobs, “M-mama? I love y-you.” His voice broke as he spoke, his voice muffled. Laurel could swear her heart broke in two while listening to her son's sobs. “Oh baby boy, I love you more.” She tried her best to offer her support while he cried, soon enough his sobs quieted down, he backed out of the hug.

“Thanks mama…I think I’m going to get some food, the crying really took a bit out of me.” He chuckled as she smiled softly at him. “Anytime Beau, now go get something to eat.” He waved as he exited the room, Laurel's smile slowly faded as she thought about what Beau said. Of course, that bastard is still affecting him and his thoughts. She clenched her jaw, death glaring at the wall.

She never understood why John treated him differently. Beau hasn't done anything wrong, never. All he has done was be himself, just like Laurel told him to do. The noir haired woman scoffed, she will do anything in her power to make sure her kids are happy, even if it meant going to court against John to win full custody of Beau, she'll have to talk to Steven and Belly about what they want but until then, she doesn’t want John near her son.

On the other hand, Beau stalked slowly into the kitchen, his eyes slightly puffy, and dried tear stains on his face. He ran the cold water and patted it on his face so get rid of them and hopefully depuff his eyes just a bit. He grabbed something to eat, he numbly walked over to the counter seats, “That was so stupid Beau.” He mumbled to himself, why would you do that? You just made a fool out of yourself for no reason. Jeremiah, who limped into the kitchen, sat next to him, “What was stupid?” Beau’s eyes snapped up to him, mainly in shock, when did he get there?, “Oh um, nothing, just something I did earlier…” The younger looked at him worriedly, earning a tight smile from Beau.

“You can talk to me Beau, I do care about you, and your feelings are valid.” Jeremiah placed a hand over Beau’s, he took a deep breath , looking down embarrassed. “It’s just…Our dad's coming tomorrow, if they find out will they treat us differently? well my dad more so, but I just..” Beau struggled to convey his words as the younger boy just sat there, watching him offering silent comfort as he waited for him to finish. They sat there in silence for a minute, “If they think that it's wrong that's their problem. You're my boyfriend, not your dad. I care more about what you think than I would about them. If they don't like it, then fuck them.”

Beau chuckled as he shook his head, “How did I get so lucky?” He dramatically leaned his head on his hand, admiring the boy who smirked at him, “I mean, I could say the same, hot stuff.” Jeremiah winked as Beau quickly peaked him on the cheek, cautious just in case his sister wanted to walk in. Which she did, luckily she didn't see them though. “Oh hey Jere.” Jeremiah gave her a tight lipped smile, “Hey Bells, excited for tomorrow?” Belly rolled her eyes, “Not really, Dads bringing his girlfriend. She's like a few more years older than Steven.”  Jeremiah raised his eyebrow at the lack of Beau mentioned.

Beau quickly got up, wanting to leave the discreet look of hatred and disgust thrown at him from Belly. Jeremiah furrowed his eyebrows at his boyfriend, ignoring the girl glaring at their hand as Jeremiah caught his wrist. “Where are you going?” Beau shook his head, watching Jeremiah's face scrunch up, “Just gonna talk to Suzie real quick. I promise I'll be quick.” Jeremiah pouted with a small nod. “Fine.” He groaned as Beau smiled at him, before he looked back at his younger sister, his smile tightening.

Beau walked out of the room as Jeremiah’s face dropped, sighing he turned back to Belly, who was rolling her eyes. Ignoring that, he kicked his leg lightly “So what's up?” Belly faked a light laugh, and leaned against the counter and pushed her breasts out a bit, in order to seem more appealing, which in Jeremiah’s mind he found both disgusting and disturbing. “Oh nothing much….who gave you those? What's her name? Ugh it doesn't even matter, it was probably just a one night stand.”

Jeremiah squinted his eyes at her, slightly offended and annoyed. “Belly. I don't really think that is your business. And fyi, it wasn't a girl, nor a one night stand.” He scoffed as Belly tried to argue back, contradicting what she had said earlier, “I-I was just looking out for you.” He looked at her in disbelief, before he could say anything else, Conrad, Steven, and Beau walked back in. All three of them practically beg Jeremiah to play a new game with them.

Not that it took much convincing.

----------------

A/n: Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA, I've had writers block and I was stressed with school and my mental health went no no so...yeah. But I wamted to release something so you guys weren't waiting om the edge of your seats lol. I'll try and work on the next chapters throught these next few days but I will be busy, plus I just finished exams yesterday so yay!! But I think I will have to reduce the 4 chapter limit for every week. I love you all and thanks for all the support!!