Chapter Six

<You're my safe haven<3 >

-Chapter Six: Confession

Beau had gone to the bathroom while he was in there Jeremiah was going around telling Steven who he had hooked up with. "Hooked up with her. Him, lifeguard. And, uh, the one in the blue and the guy with the eyebrows. And uh him." He accidentally pointed at Beau and blushed. Steven looked at him shocked. "You are a slut, oh my god, I knew this but my brother? Really?" Jeremiah blushed "No! NO...I accidentally pointed at him..." he stuttered looking at Beau.

Steven laughed "Bro, I know you have a crush on him." Jeremiah's cheeks flamed "What? N-no I don't." Jeremiah frantically denied "Stop lying bro!" Steven pushed him "Dude can you blame me? He's literally perfect...how can I not fall for him?" Jeremiah looked at his best friend who smiled "But it's not like he'd fall for me anyways dude, he must have a crush back in Philly." Jeremiah scoffed as Steven laughed "No bro, just confess and I swear that he'll say yes"

Steven was then pulled away by his boss "Yo, Steven, we need extra hands at the deb tea. Pays double. Come on." Jeremiah smirked as Beau walked back over "Yeah. Get that bread man!" Steven shook his head. "Bye man."

Beau looked at them confused. "What just happened?" Jeremiah smiled at the sound of his voice before turning towards him "Steven is gonna go get double the pay he is getting right now."

Beau was going to respond before he was told by another life guard his break ended and that Jeremiah had to go get new towels. "Alright then. Bye Remy." Beau waved at the boy and went to sit on the lifeguard seat. Jeremiah's eyes admiring the boy, his bleached blond hair, the way he walked, and just...everything about him. Little did he know that Beau was thinking the same thing.

With Jeremiah

Jeremiah brought Belly up to the tea meeting and saw Paige, "Jeremiah." He smiled, "Paige." Paige looked at the boy "Where's your shirt?" He laughed awkwardly and deflected the question. "Always a pleasure. This is Belly, uh Isabella Conklin. The girl my mother was telling you about, my future sister in law." He smiled as Belly threw him a weird look. "She's late."Paige looked at Belly.

"I am so sorry." Belly stuttered looking at Paige. "You're at table two." Jeremiah smiled "Are those, those little Brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto?" Paide walked off "Don't you dare." She said while he grabbed one "Just one!" Paige glared at him "Those are for the girls. Jeremiah, those are for the girls!"He laughed, wished Belly good luck, and left back to take care of the towels.

Back with Beau after work

Jeremiah, Steven, and Conrad were all playing a game while Beau was cuddled up next to Jeremiah, his head in his lap playing Like A Dino on his phone. Belly came downstairs waiting for them to notice her, when they didn't she spoke up. "See you guys later" Jeremiah glanced at her, giving her a once over not making any move to get up. "You look good, are you driving with or are you meeting us there?" He asked the girl from his spot on the couch. Belly frowned, she hadn't got the reaction she was hoping for.

Beau didn't hear what they were saying as he had earbuds in listening to the Like A Dino tunes. "Um, actually I'm not going to the book party, I'm going to the drive-in." She told them mainly looking at Conrad."With who?" Conrad asked, turning back to look, before Belly could respond her phone dinged. "Dude! Dude! Focus!" Steven nudged Conrad.

Belly looked away heading to the door, "Uh okay! Bye!" She laughed and went over to the door. Beau, seeing her in his peripheral vision, looked up at Jeremiah's face confused, he took one earbud out "Where is Belly going?" He asked as Jeremiah looked down at him "A date." He made an 'O' face. Going back to his game until they had to leave. Jeremiah smiled at the boy before going back to his game with Steven.

Soon enough it was time for the book party, Conrad had left the group while Steven and Jeremiah tried to stack as many books in Stevens arms as they could. Beau was standing behind Jeremiah, glaring at a guy who was flirting with his mother, sadly this guy did not see him nor his glare, so he continued flirting. The boys sat down on the couch scrolling on their phones. As Conrad sat down with them.

Beau looked up, checking on his mother once again making sure she was okay.Conrad sighed "You know this shits so boring, Can we go somewhere?"Beau scoffed, "It's not that boring." COnrad rolled his eyes at the boy. "You're only saying that because you're a mama's boy." He scoffed and Jeremiah looked at Conrad "Dude really?"

Conrad rolled his eyes and redirected the conversation. "We could go to the drive-in." Steven chuckled "Ew. Gross, No, I-I don't want to watch Belly hooking up with some kid in the back seat of a minivan."Conrad looked around before deciding they should actually go, Steven decided he wanted to crash her date so he got up as well. "C'mon Beau, Jere" Beau groaned "I don't want to. I'm staying here." He looked at Jeremiah "You can go Remy, but I'm not."

Jeremiah looked at him for a bit. "Uh actually, I'll stay here with Beau, I don't wanna have a mad Belly after me." Jeremiah told Steven who nodded "Your loss." He then left after Conrad. "Are you sure?" Beau asked Jeremiah who nodded "Yeah, plus I get to spend more time with my favorite person here." He nudged the boy. Beau laughed Before moving closer to Jeremiah who placed his head onto the older boy's shoulder, they boys just spent the night scrolling on tiktok.

Susannah walked up behind Laurel looking at the two boys. "Aren't they cute?" She placed her hands on Laurel's shoulders. "Yeah, I hope they get together soon. THen I can actually help one of my babies with their dating life. Beau is the only one who actually talks to me." Laurel and Susannah sighed. "It's because he's a mama's boy." SHe smiled fondly looking at the two.

Later after they finally made their way home, Steven headed back out of the house going to meet up with Shayla, Susannah went to bed, Laurel went to her room to read a new book, finally Jeremiah and Beau went up to Beau's room after they got changed and took care of Mr.Quakers. They cuddled up in his warm bed ready for sleep to over take them as Beau played with Jeremiah's hair. "I missed you a lot." Jeremiah murmured into the older boy's chest.

Beau smiled at him "I missed you, Remy." Jeremiah's thoughts were running, he couldn't think straight, with Beau's hand running through his hair and being surrounded with Beau's scent. He smiled. Whenever he is around Beau he feels complete. Like a piece of his heart was found. "Hey Bee?" Jeremiah asked. Beau smiled "Yeah?" Jeremiah's heart fluttered. And he almost told him. He almost did. But he didn't.

"Goodnight" Beau smiled "Goodnight Rem" Jeremiah snuggled closer into Beau and closed his eyes, listening to the older's heart beat as Beau listened to the younger's breath.

You're my safe haven || Jeremiah FisherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara