Chapter Five

<You're my safe haven<3 >
-Chapter Five: Lifeguarding...yippee

Jeremiah woke up on Beau's chest. Slowly he got up as he felt his face heat up, he reached over the sleeping boy grabbing his phone noting the time, he sat there for a minute admiring the sleeping boy before he finally got out of bed as quietly as he could as to not wake the sleeping boy. He kissed the boy on his forehead before he grabbed his uniform and got changed in the bathroom. Then he went back into his room to wake Beau.

"Bo-bo..wake up." He softly spoke, shaking the older boy who's eyes fluttered open. "Come on..you gotta get ready for work." He chuckled at Beau's confused face. He rubbed his eyes before nodding. "Alright then, I'm going downstairs to make breakfast." Jeremiah told him as he walked out the door. "Okay." Beau got out of bed and went to his room where Mr.Quakers woke up. "Quack."

"Hey Mr. Quakers, sorry I have work today so mama is going to be watching you." He told his duck, letting him out of his cage and feeding him breakfast before he got changed into his uniform. After he got changed, he brought Mr.Quakers up to his shoulder and let him stay there as Beau went out of his room with his phone. When Beau got downstairs he saw Jeremiah making eggs with Steven hovering behinding him.

"Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits? Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?" Jeremiah asked Laurel who was working on something on her computer. Beau looked down, still feeling bad about last night. Jeremiah then looked at Steven annoyed by his hovering "Okay, get out." He pointed at a random place as Steven laughed and backed off. "What? Why?"

"She needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence. While you're still young and full of hope." Laurel spoke up as both Steven and Jeremiah started to laugh, then Jeremiah noticed Beau and smiled brightly "Hey sleeping beauty" Steven looked over to Beau with a raised eyebrow as Laurel looked up confused. "Jere.." Beau whined looking at him annoyed "Her words." Laurel  responded to her statement earlier.

"Well, Conrad does not have hope, actually. He's hopeless, but my hangover smoothie... it cures all." Jeremiah pointed at his brother before Beau sat down next to his mother. "Mama, I'm sorry about last night..with the officers and alcohol." He told his mother looking down, Laurel looked at her son sadly. "Beau it's okay, it's over and done with." She told him. Beau nodded before giving her a hug. "I love you." Laurel smiled

"I love you too. She hasn't painted you since you were little. I think it'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older." Steven chuckled "Old. No. When I'm older, I'm sure there'll be, like, like, holograms or something I can watch of myself, you know?" Beau scoffed while Jeremiah started the blender making Beau flinch and look up. Jeremiah smirked at him before stopping the blender.

"Just sit for your portraits. I don't see Conrad or Beau complaining." Laurel pointed at the two boys, Jeremiah walked over to Conrad with the smoothie. "He'll complain when he is conscious, plus Beau loves the time with mom." Steven groaned "Come on, man. Hurry your ass up. All right? I can't be late for my first day of work." Jeremiah scoffed "We won't. We're good."

They low fived before Steven slapped Jeremiah's ass. "Ooh!" Beau shook his head and playfully covered Mr. Quakers' eyes. "Those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard, man, they won't know what hit 'em." Steven fake thrusted in the air. "Really? In front of Mr. Quakers?" Beau groaned. Laurel looked at him disappointed, "Steven I swear" She shook her head..

"Come on, Laurel. My boy's got to get that bread." Jeremiah defended as Beau made himself cereal and Belly walked in "Good morning" Laurel looked at her daughter. "Belly, where have you been? And is that a bruise?" Belly didn't answer her as she looked at Conrad. "It doesn't look that bad." Jeremiah looked at her "Cereal?" She nodded, "Yeah hit me." Beau pretended to punch her and Steven laughed at him. "Beau, don't do that," Laurel laughed at her son.

From the other room they heard Susannah gasp "Oh my god! Belly's going to be a debutante!" Both her and Susannah laughed as she hugged Belly. "It's really not that big of a deal." Belly said as Laurel looked at her computer annoyed, Beau looked at his mother and placed his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. Like, Belly? Like, my sister? Like, that thing right there?" Steven laughed and pointed at her, the girl looked at him offended "Shut up, Cretin"

"Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is, uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. I got to write this down." Susannah gasped, "We need to go shopping." Belly laughed as Laurel turned her head "That sounds...expensive." Beau nodded worriedly.Susannah pointed at her best friend. "Don't worry Laur, It's on me. It was my idea after all and we still need to style you for your book party so."

Laurel turned to look at her daughter, making Beau pick his head up. "Belly, are you sure you want to do this? It doesn't seem very you." Beau started to dissociate while looking at Jeremiah and petting Mr.Quakers. "Hey. Hey?" Jeremiah snapped his fingers in front of Beau's face. Beau snapped back into reality and he looked at Jeremiah.

"Huh?" Jeremiah chuckled, "I said it's time to go." Beau smiled "Alright here let me just give Mr. Quakers to mama" Beau went over to his mother and gave her Mr. Quakers and a kiss on her cheek. "I'm going to work, I love you mama. Bye Auntie Suzie." He smiled and walked out the door getting goodbyes and an I love you.

An hour went by and Beau had just started his break, he was sitting next to the lifeguard tower where Jeremiah was sitting, the girls from the bonfire were there and it was making him uncomfortable. He would leave but he didn't have anywhere to go and the safest place in his opinion was right next to Jeremiah. "Hey Jeremiah." One girl called out as the girl that patted Beau's cheek winked at Beau.

Jeremiah sat up looking at the girl. "Hey Gigi" She smiled at him "I didn't know you were working here this summer." Jeremiah chuckled and looked down at Beau. Before he saw the boy Billy choking his friend. He blew the whistle "Hey! Billy! No choking, all right?" He looked back down at Beau who was sitting farther away from the pool. Gigi got splashed and she looked at Jeremiah who wasn't paying attention to her anymore. "Jeremiah! Aren't you gonna save me?" He blinked and shook his head as she swam away.

Jeremiah moved down and was talking to Beau while swinging his leg in the pool before Steven came and jumped scared him. Jeremiah chuckled before turning to look at him before his smile disappeared, "Dude. Oh, you fսckеd up." Beau laughed and his twin looked at Jeremiah in disbelief, "What..how could I have fucked up already?" Jeremiah shook his head "Nobody's gonna want to hook up with you after they see you in this. You should've been a lifeguard with me and Beau. And hardly anyone drowns."

Steven took the hairnet off quickly "God. Okay, well, I'll take the hairnet if it means I don't have to live with my mom freshman year." Beau frowned at him "What's wrong with mama?" He asked Steven, his eyebrows furrowed. Steven looked at him "Nothing, I just don't wanna be living at home when I'm in college." Jeremiah stood up looking around "Taking it all in Beau, Steven. This is all ours."