Chapter Nine

<You’re my safe haven<3 >
-Chapter Nine: Dinner and a Party

Laurel went to get Steven, Jeremiah, and Beau for Belly’s birthday dinner, she opened Steven’s door only to not see him there, confused she went to Jeremiah’s room. She opened the door noting the empty room, worried she rushed over to Beau’s room. “Beau?” She opened the room to see her eldest son on the hanging hammock chair asleep, then she turned her head to the bed seeing Beau and Jeremiah asleep as well. Jeremiah’s head was on Beau’s chest while Beau’s rested on Jeremiahs, their arms wrapped loosely around each other while Percy Jackson was playing.

The Conklin mother smiled at them softly, she took a picture of the three then one of just Jeremiah and Beau before she quietly walked up to Steven. “Steven, wake up, it’s time for dinner.” She shook her eldest son who yawned and sat up. She then went over to Jeremiah and Beau shaking them awake as they slowly woke up. Jeremiah jumped away from Beau, who sat there confused, rubbing his eyes. “Time for dinner honey.”

Beau nodded, getting up sluggishly, stumbling a bit before he regained his balance. Steven laughed at him as Laurel smiled warmly at them, Jeremiah chuckled as Beau mock laughed at them “Oh ha ha, you’re so funny.” Laurel tried to hold in a laugh but accidentally let it fall out.”Mamaaa” Beau whined looking at his mother as he slipped his converse on. “I’m- I’m sorry” She let out in between her laughs.

Soon enough everyone was down at the table, with the supposed ‘Cam’ that Beau hadn’t met yet. Jeremiah decided to speak up, giving Cameron a hard time. “So, Cam. You mind if I call you Cam Cameron?” Cameron chuckled, placing his fork down, “Mm-hmm. Yeah, man. Feel free. That's funny.” Jeremiah nodded as Belly glared at him, Susannah looked over at Cameron smiling, “I'm glad you're here, Cameron. I know your mom, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you.”

Cameron nodded at her “Thank you so much for having me, Susannah. My mom says hi.” Laurel looked at the boy with a smile, “Cam, have you ever had miyeok-guk before? It's a Korean birthday tradition.” Beau smiled, taking a bite of his food. “Belly told me you're vegetarian, so I didn't put any meat in it.” Laurel told him,, he smiled at her gratefully “Oh thank you, Laurel!”

Jeremiah smirked at him taking a sip of his water, “So why don’t you eat meat, Cam Cameron?” Beau looked up at him, kicking him under the table to make him look over, he shook his head. “Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming. And I just, I like animals.” Cameron told him with an awkward smile, Taylor smirked “Just don't come for my leather jacket.” Steven chuckled, “I'm pretty sure you mean pleather.” Beau and Jeremiah both let out ‘ooh’s.

“You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat. So, you let her kiss you with those lips?” Jeremiah laughed as Beau smacked him “Rem.” He scolded as Belly looked at them. “Guys.” Steven and Conrad laughed at them, Cam chuckled “No, I don't judge people for eating meat. It's just, like, a personal choice. I don't care.” Beau scoffed, “The Vegan teacher should take lessons.” He mumbled, Laurel and Susannah let out a chuckle.

“So you don't mind if, uh, like, her lips touch a dead animal, and then those dead animal lips touch your lips, right? Ow.” Belly harshly kicked Jeremiah’s shin as Cam looked around the table in ignominy, “I don't mind at all. Um, in fact…” Cameron leaned over and kissed Belly evicting a series of mock retching from Jeremiah, Steven, and Beau. “I really didn’t need to see that, Mama where’s the bleach?” Beau fake screeched covering his eyes.