Chapter Eight

<You're my safe haven<3 >

-Chapter Eight: Pool fun

When they got to the house Beau changed into his pool shorts and fed Mr. Quakers, decided it would be cute he grabbed his crown ring and placed it on top of his head. "Awww! Mr. Quakers, you're a royal now." Mr. Quakers, as if he understood him, stuck out his chest pridefully as Beau gushed over him and took many pictures.

After a while Jeremiah and Steven got suspicious with how long it took for Beau to get ready and decided to go check on him. "You open the door." Steven told Jeremiah who shook his head, "No you do it." The two argued for a quiet second before Jeremiah ultimately opened the door, when they walked in they saw Beau with his swim shorts on, taking pictures of his duck with a crown ring on. "Oh my god!" Jeremiah burst out into a fit of giggles, Steven following close behind as both Mr.Quakers and Beau turned to look at them slowly.

"Mr.Quakers-" Jeremiah got cut off by Beau, who was blushing out of embarrassment, "Shut up. Bye Mr Quakers." He patted the duck's head affectionately before walking out of the room, dragging a laughing Jeremiah and Steven. "Bro." Steven started before Beau walked faster and walked over to the pool. He sat on the edge and dangled his legs in the pool while Steven and Jeremiah got in the pool talking about how Steven accepted Shayla's invitation to be her escort.

"I can't believe you went against my very sound advice and went and got booed up anyway." Jeremiah scoffed and Steven chuckled. "Yeah Steven, how could you?" Beau shook his head mockingly, Steven pushed him lightly "Oh ha ha, and I guess, I mean, she's, like, the hottest girl I've ever met." Steven stammered as his twin stuck his tongue out in mock disgust. "Bleh gross."

"You're just saying that because you like dick." Steven smirked at him and Beau physically gagged "Ew. Shut the fuck up Steven." Jeremiah chuckled at the two as Steven went to speak, getting cut off by Taylor "We know you're gossiping about us over there." She called out to them and Steven aggressively shook his head in abhorrence. "In your dreams." Taylor gasped as if she had an amazing idea "Let's play chicken."

Beau's eyes widened as he shook his head. "No, not chicken." Taylor pouted "Oh come on Bo-bo." She stuck out her bottom lip as Beau shifted tensely as Jeremiah looked at him worriedly before going in between his legs facing Taylor first. "Hey I'm down," He turned towards Beau. "You don't have to play if you don't want to." He murmured to him quietly, Steven complaining in the background.

Beau stared into his eyes for a bit before nodding. "Yay! Dibs on Beau" Said male panicky, looked up at the girl. Jeremiah saw this and spoke up, "He actually was going to grab some food." He lied looking at the girl who pouted as Beau released a breath. "Yeah um I'll be back." He got up looking at Jeremiah gratefully "Do you want anything?" He asked him, evoking a smile from the younger one, "Surprise me." Beau nodded, turning to look at Steven.

Steven smiled at his brother, "Anything is fine." Beau grabbed a towel, looking at the girls "Do you girls want anything?" They looked at each other before looking at Beau "No thank you," Came from Belly. "Chex Mix?" He nodded, grabbing his black hoodie and putting it on along with some socks and his converse. Luckily his swim pants were dry and plain black. He waved at them walking into the house. "Bye guys!" He smiled while they waved back at him, a few responses coming from the group.

He grabbed Jeremiah's car keys and got in the car, heading to the store for snacks. On the way to the store he let his mind run, a bad idea on his part as he started overthinking. The whole drive seemed like a blur when he parked in the grocery store parking lot. He walked numbly into the store, heading to the chip aisle grabbing 3 bags of hot cheetos then going over to the soda aisle. Grabbing Dr. pepper, pepsi, and sprite he then walked over to the snack aisle and grabbed Taylor's chex mix.