Chapter Eighteen

<You’re my safe haven<3 >
-Chapter Eighteen: Motherfucker that hurts

Beau was sitting on the sand, a bit away from the group. The wind carried through his hair like a hand brushing softly through his blond hair. The scent of salt drifting in his lungs, he relished in the familiar smell, closing his eyes while tuning everyone out. His feet dug into the soft, warm sand below him, toes barely wiggling as the sun caressed his skin, his freckles emitting a soft brown glow.

He listened to the ocean's waves crashing tenderly against the sand, bubbling up and spreading before returning back to their dark blue abyss. The chatter behind him got louder, overpowering the ocean's song. He sighed turning towards the group, noticing his sun bleached blonde boyfriend walking up to the teenagers with Cameron.

Beau felt his face light up, the corners of his mouth twitching as Jeremiah bounced over to him happily, his drink in hand.He plopped down next to Beau unknowingly ignoring the way Gigi giggled and greeted him. “Why hello there handsome.” Jeremiah flirted with a playful wink, Beau’s smile grew, his eyebrows lifting in amusement.

“Hey.” He leaned back on one arm, winking back with a soft smirk. Both boys had a twinge of pink on their cheeks, Jeremiah took a sip of his drink, blocking the view of his reddened face. “Okay, wait, wait, wait. But what if it was a race?” The boyfriends’ quickly turned their heads at the sound of Belly’s voice, Beau’s eyes lingering on Jeremiah’s face for a moment.

“I mean, isn't that... isn't... Isn't that the premise of, like, every drinking game?” She asked, holding back a smirk, letting a small grin take place instead as everyone looked at her weirdly, then Gigi spoke up, “You want to play a drinking game?” Belly chuckled with a nod, an awkward smile plastered on her face, “Why not? I mean, it's the Fourth of July, right?”

Beau cringed as they all cheered, Jeremiah squeezed his hand yet happily participated. The younger boy kept close to his boyfriend as the girls except Shayla furrowed their eyebrows at the couple in suspicion, The Conklin boy tensed under their gazes, pulling his arm away from its place around Jeremiah’s shoulders making the younger boy glance at him in confusion.

He looked around until he noticed Nicole and Gigi staring suspiciously at a subtly distressed Beau. Jeremiah noticed the way he shifted subconsciously further into himself and away from him, he noticed the way his finger nails slowly dug into his palms as his fist clenched and unclenched, he noticed the way Beau slowly tuned everyone out. Jeremiah scoffed with a glare directed at the girls, he shifted closer to the timid boy.

He grabbed one of the clenched fists as Beau looked up at him in surprise, and pried it open before sliding his own into it, interlacing their fingers as Jeremiah leaned against him. Beau felt a blush crawl up his neck, feeling the girls intense stares, instead of moving away, he kept his gaze down on the boys’ interlaced hands. The feeling of Jeremiah’s skin brought a wave of peace over him that he didn’t know he could feel.

Jeremiah smiled as he felt Beau relax against him. Beau sighed inching closer to the younger boy, leaning down and hiding his face into the neck of the slouched boy. Soon enough all the boys were over playing bean toss as Beau was sitting over near the water, his eyes closed as the soft sun hit his sun. He breathed in the salted air, letting his lungs fill with the intoxicating smell.

They all walked out of the beach, Jeremiah and Beau lagging behind as the younger of the two slowly swung their once again intertwined hands. The Fisher brothers and Beau split from the group as they went to the gazebo. Beau headed into the kitchen, allowing the brothers to have their own moment, which was a terrible decision on his part, he decided at that moment. John walked into the kitchen, a glare settling on his face as he saw the boy.