2.6

There I was patiently, waiting for my cousin to come pick me up at the airport. I was sitting, with my luggage.

It took about 15 minutes, but eventually, I saw some men coming up to me. Didn't my mom say that my cousin would pick me up?

"효리씨 오랜만입니다 [It's been a while Hyo-Ri]", I heard one of the men say. "민호? [Minho]", I blurted out.

"아니요, 민호입니다 [Nope, I'm Minho]", the man in the middle of the two others said. I couldn't hide my confusion, and my eyebrows instinctively knitted together. I frowned.

"Do you really not remember me, does the name Chris not ring a bell in your head", that's when realization hit me like a ton of bricks. If I was in a cartoon show, there'd be exclamation marks above my head.

Is this, who I think he was? I blinked back tears that threatened to spill over.

"Chan?", that's what I said while stepping closer to him. His lips started to form a little smile.

So it was Chan after all.

당신은지금소년밴드의일부입니까?! [You're part of a boy band now], I asked out of curiosity to Chris. His nod and proud smile confirmed his enthusiasm for being part of the boy band. He looked genuinely happy, which made me happy for him, too.

My cousin was also part of that boy band. Their boy band was called 'Stray Kids', which I had never heard of until they mentioned it to me.

"서울에자리를잡을때까지숙소에서저희와함께주무실거예요. [You will be sleeping with us at our dorm until you get your own place in Seoul]", my cousin had told me.

I had to sleep at an all-boys dorm... However, I was okay with it; perhaps I would find a partner?

I had been single for way too long anyway. It was about time I found someone to spend the nights with.

And even if I stay single, at least I won't be alone. Since I'll have friends to hang out with even without a partner.

It's not enjoyable or safe to stay alone in a city that is unfamiliar to you anyway.

So secretly, I was relieved when he revealed that I could stay at the dorm.

By now, we were heading towards it.