Ch 34

As they walked up, Komatsu was on the ground with tears in his eyes.

"Even though everyone worked so hard, even risking your lives, the last bit of the century soup...that I finally found was taken by a robot riding a fly." Komatsu said as the baby wall penguin tried to comfort him. The baby aurora bear, who had been hiding with the wall penguin,  let out a squeak of happiness when he saw Mari. The little cub ran up to her and nuzzled her leg. She smiled and picked him up. 

"Glad your alright, little one." She held him close. 'I couldn't save your parents, I won't let anything happen to you.'

"I micro sized GT robot?" Teppei asked. 

"I'm not really sure but...it happened in an instant." Tina said.

"I'm truly, truly sorry." Komatsu said.

"Komatsu, trips into nature to find and supply an ingredient that ends in failure happen all the time." Toriko said as he walked over to the disheartened chef. "You've got nothing to be ashamed of. What's really important is that your still alive. As long as you're alive someday, another chance'll definitely come." 

"Toriko!..." Komatsu stuttered as he cried a bit more.

"So the Gourmet Corp got the soup." Teppei sighed.

Mari and Sam shared a look with each other before looking Yuun, who had yet to get his name.

Flashback (for Sam and Teppei)

"Hey, Teppei, this request came directly from the Gourmet Human National Treasure, Granny Setsu, failure won't be tolerated." A gruff man said between puffs from his cigars. Sam sat at one of the tables, working on reviving a plant he had assigned to her.

"Master, please don't put so much pressure on me." Teppei said.

"Also, Toriko should be on the scene there. She asked me to keep an eye on him."

"Toriko is one of the Four Heavenly Kings. I've got no business helping him." Teppei replied.

"She also mentioned two others. A chef named Komatsu and another hunter named Mari." The two turned when they heard something hit the ground. Sam had stood and knocked her chair over when she heard that name.

"I want to go with him, Master."

"Why the sudden interest, Sam?" The old man asked.

"That other hunter, I know her. She's my best friend and we haven't...uh, seen each other in a long time. Plus, I'm worried she might run into trouble."

"I don't know, kiddo. Your combat skills and techniques have improved a lot since we took you in, but Ice Hell might be a bit much. You sure your up to it?" The old man challenged her.

Sam smirked back at him. "If I come back in pieces, you can tell me 'I told you so'." The old man let out a hearty laugh.

"That's what I like about you kid. Not afraid to break rules! Just like your master!" He calmed down and turned back to Teppei.

"And this next thing is just my intuition, the Gourmet Show Window may already be done for." 

"Eh?! Please don't say things like that!" Teppei said. "You know your intuition is always correct!"

"If my some chance the Show Window is dying, the final drop will be up to the Soup."

"Eh? Up to the Soup?" Teppei asked

Flashback end

Teppei looked up at the Show Window. Wondering if what his master said about the soup was true.