Ch 2

Mari POV

Soon after we got back to the city, Toriko left for another job while Komatsu and I headed to Hotel Gourmet. Luckily we were able to catch another gator for the party. Komatsu had explained to his bosses my situation and decided since I helped out in the capture, that I could have a job as Komatsu's assistant in the kitchen. 

" I don't how to thank you enough for all that you've done me Komatsu," I said as we walked through the gourmet market.

" Really, it's no problem Mari. In fact, I feel like I should be the one thanking you," He said flustered.

"Me? Why?"

"Because if it wasn't for you and Toriko, I don't think I would have survived out there in the jungle."

I just stared at him for a moment, a bit shocked, before giving him a small smile. 

" Then how about we call it even? Sound good?" I said, laughing alittle.

"Sure!"

Third POV

"Today, we come to you from the Gourmet Central Wholesale Marketplace. With a total  of 3,000 acres which is 640 times the size of the Gourmet Dome Baseball Stadium. This huge market has on average 900,000 tons of food bought and sold per day which the equivalent of 1 trillion yen's worth of ingredients.

As Mari and Komatsu were walking around, they heard a commotion.

" What did you say?!? Say that one more time!"

The pair moved closer to find a brunette woman in a pink suit and a bald shop owner having a yelling match. Her camera crew seemed to be trying to calm her down.

' I think that's Tina, the nosy reporter from Gourmet TV' Mari thought as she recognized the woman. 

" Fine, I'll repeat myself! This Pistachiou's mouth is open! That means the fish is no longer fresh," she yelled as she pointed at a fish with a large head, " If I broadcast this ingredient, then the viewers wont be impressed one gram!"

" H-Hey Tina," the camera man said, " We're still live." Shocked, Tina quickly turned back to the camera.

" Excuse me, reporting to you live from the marketplace, This Tina with Gourmet News signing off." she said with a smile. The camera man sighed and lowered his camera.

" Now then, where were we?" she said angrily as she turned back to the vendor.

' Damn, that was quick personality change.' Mari thought as she watched Tina and the man go at it.

" The news is all about the density of imformation. It's weight is its lifeblood! The news of a Pistachiou that's lost it's freshness doesn't carry any weight!" she said as she pointed at the fish. "There isn't a single viewer that would be satisfied with that! As a newscaster for Gourmet TV, this is below my standards."

" When the mouth is open that means the fish is good for eating!" the man yelled, " Geez, this is why amateurs annoy me." Komatsu and Mari decided to intervene.

" Um a-actually, I'm pretty sure that when at market, it's best that the mouth stay closed. The fish loses flavor over time so it's best to close the mouth before cooking it." This only pissed off the shopkeeper more.

" You people got a problem with my shop?!" he yelled.

" It's not your shop at all. It's you I have a problem with!" Tina said, pointing at the man

"What'd you say, bitch?!"

" You heard me!"

Mari decided to finally step in. " Hey just calm down alright."