Ch 26

The group began their walk inside the ice mountain. 

"It's nickname is the gourmet show window." Toriko said as they discarded the fur pelts. "The aurora from the Century Soup wafts through the air."

"Gourmet show window?" Komatsu asked

"The aurora is like a guidepost for those seeing it." Takimaru said

"It's like the window of the restaurant that's been closed for a hundred years has been opened and it's guiding us towards the soup like a host escorting his guests inside." Toriko said

"What a cute story." Match said

"It really is. The ice is really pretty too. Almost like in a fairytale." Komatsu said

"It's beautiful." Mari said as she looked around, her eyes shining. Toriko chuckled at her child-like wonder. 

"If no wild beasts come out, then it'll really be like a fairyta-ahhh look!" Komatsu exclaimed at he ran and pointed at the giant ice wall. "It's shining so brightly!"

"Absolutely gorgeous!" Mari said. As Toriko watched her, he blushed as he saw the light from the wall shine on her face. 

'Yeah, she is.' He thought to himself. 

Then, out of nowhere, a giant bear shattered the ice wall. Komatsu ran while Mari stood her ground, staring at the bear in awe.

Silver Grizzly (Mammal Beast) Capture Level 20

"Oh, I've never seen this beast before." Toriko said as he dodged the bears attack. He quickly used his Gourmet Stick to see the stats of the beast. "Silver Grizzly sounds delicious. It'll be an incredible source of protein." The bear continued to attack, Toriko dodged its every move. "I give thanks to all the ingredients of this world, itadakimasu!" The bear ran straight for the hunter. "FORK!" He made a direct hit to the belly. "KNIFE!" At that, the beast was defeated. 

Komatsu and Mari wasted no time in using the bear's meat to make a warm stew for everyone. 

"I think I'll add some of these icicle scallion or, iciscallion." The small chef said. 

"Smells amazing, Komatsu!" Mari said as the savory fragrance attacked her nose. 

"And it's done, Silver Grizzly Kakuni." Komatsu said. Everyone gave their thanks and dug in. 

"Yum!" Toriko said. "It has a simple taste like white fish! While having a juicy consistency! So this is Silver Grizzly meat? With the piping hot meat and the tingling spiciness of the iciscallion, as well as the rest of the spices you added, my body feels like it's melting to the core."

Mari took a bite and understood what he meant. The flavor was delicious and she could feel the aching cold in her bones sooth from the warmth.

"This tastes pretty good." Takimaru said.

"It really warms you up." Match added.

"It's perfect for this weather." Mari sighed as she was now thawed out.

"Seconds, please!" Toriko shoved his bowl towards Komatsu.

"That was fast!" Komatsu exclaimed.

"Well, it is Toriko." Mari giggled.

"I'll need to boil some more meat or else Toriko will eat it all." Komatsu said as he felt a poke on his back. "Don't be in such a hurry, Toriko." Mari giggled as she knew who had just arrived, when she suddenly felt a nip at her back as well.

"Huh?"

"Come on Toriko, stop poking me!" Komatsu said. At the same time, another nip came at Mari's back. Now she was quite confused.