Ch 24

The crew on the ship began to fire at the falling glacier, just hardly scratching it. 

"Everyone, run to the back of the ship!" Toriko shouted. 

Most the people headed to the back, except for Toriko, Mari and Match. Match had his katana drawn and ready.

"Toriko! Mari!" Komatsu yelled.

"Don't get flustered. Stand back everyone." Toriko said walked up to the front. "FLYING KNIFE!" He sent his attack and cut the ice. "FLYING FORK!" His other attack cracked it. He then sent his final attack. "5 FOLD SPIKED PUNCH!" This cracked the glacier in two, the two pieces fell into the sea.

"The ice broke apart!?" Komatsu exclaimed. 

'So awesome!' Mari thought.

"Flying knife and fork, I expected them to have powered up from before but...I guess they're still lacking in power. But, my opponent was ice and the BB corn was a lot tougher." Toriko said.

"Toriko!" Komatsu said as he ran towards them.

"Now then, from here you'll be transported by helicopter. They will carry you near the top of the cliff. After that, you'll need to climb up with your own power. This is because the helicopters and airplanes cannot land on Ice Hell. When you get there you'll understand why, we've lost many people as this point, so there is only one helicopter. We will split into two camps so that everyone will be able to ride. We will be getting ready soon." Mokkoi informed them.

'How considerate.' Mari rolled her eyes. 

"Okay, you two, lets go in the first camp." Toriko told them.

"Okay." Komatsu replied.

"Fine by me." Mari added.

Everyone who was able to fit got into the helicopter and prepared their gear.

"The Colonel sure is brave." Komatsu said. "He came all this way into the danger zone with us." Mari grit her teeth as she knew the truth.

"Don't you know, sonny," An older man next to them said. "He had all those black suits around him. Those guys are gourmet SP. They've been selected from the best fighting forces in the world and made into elite bodyguards."

"I see. So that's why the Colonel was relaxed coming to a place like this, even with all the wild beasts." Komatsu said.

"He didn't come." Toriko said, everyone turned to look at him. "The Colonel didn't come."

"But he was there when the ice breaker was with us, wasn't he? What are you talking about?" The man asked.

"He didn't come?" Komatsu asked.

"It's not important right now." Toriko said.

On the boat

Two masked figures stood amongst unconscious men in suits. They appeared to be working together, but had different goals. The man in the green helmet checked the pulse of the men to see that they were still alive. The cloaked woman motioned for him to follow her. They walked down a hall and found Mokkoi staring out a window.

"Are you with them too?" Mokkoi asked, not even looking at them. "You two are wasting your time." He faced them. "I'm not here, so you're better off going to get the  soup. I'll give the reward to whomever gets it first."

In Ice Hell

"Shouldn't be much farther now." Toriko said as they scaled a wall. Komatsu was on his back while Mari was next to him.

'The suit keeps most of the cold out, but I still don't do too well in such cold weather.' Mari thought as she bit back the urge to sneeze. She could handle the heat, but the cold was not exactly her cup of tea.