Ch 20

(Her House)

(Her House)

(Her room)

It had been a few days since the whole BB corn adventure and Mari decided to take some time off from hunting to just relax. Over the last few days she simply stayed home and let herself heal from her fight and tried to forget everything Grinpatch had said to her. To make sure that she got some peace and quiet, she had Komatsu tell the Kings that she was taking time off and wanted some quiet. She laughed when he told her that they tried to convince him to let them visit. Thankfully, because she hadn't yet told them where she lived, Komatsu kept his word and left them in the dark. She felt bad for avoiding them but she liked her alone time every now and then.

Mari POV

"Ahh." I sigh, feeling pretty content. "This is exactly what I needed." It was early morning, just a little after sunrise. I sipped my coffee, gently rocking back and forth on the porch swing outside my house. Since I had officially bought the place, the swing was my favorite addition that I had added. Even though its a small house, it was cozy and I adored it, the porch was my favorite spot. I loved sitting out here anytime of day, it just felt so relaxing. As I rocked, I also wrote in my journal. You see, since I got here, I've written about all of my adventures with the guys along with everything I've learned about myself as well. This was all in case I ended going back to my world so that I wouldn't forget about my time here. I wrote the last few words and shut the book. I got off the swing, stretched, and went back inside. I went upstairs to my room and hid the journal in my closet. Call me paranoid, but I didn't feel comfortable telling everyone I was from a different world just yet.