Ch 14

"Tina, Komatsu, get out of here!" Rin said as she tried to tend to some of Mari's wounds. "Her wounds aren't bad externally, its the internal ones I'm worried about." 'She may be a rival, but she's also a friend. I won't let her die!'

Toriko POV

All I could see was a red light. As I got closer, I could see a red demon, who looked like he was eating something.

'Wh-What's going on? Who is that guy?' I looked to see what he was eating, and it was me? Is he eating me?

"The time limit is 5 minutes." It said. "Hurry up and eat something. Yeah, the most delicious thing you can get your hands will work. The cells are evolving."

'What?'

"Toriko! Wake up!"

'Huh?'

"Toriko! Come on!"

Third POV

"Toriko! Toriko!" Komatsu yelled.

"Toriko!" Rin said

Toriko began to regain consciousness and tried to sit up. As he did, Rin used some of her endorphin smoke.

"This should help reduce some of the pain." She said and helped him sit up. He nodded in thanks then noticed that something was missing. 

"Mari! Where is she?" He asked worriedly. Rin and Komatsu looked at each other then at the hunter. "What? What happened?!"

"Toriko..." Komatsu murmured.

"Toriko, she..." Rin pointed to the girls unconscious form through the smoke. Toriko's eyes widened in horror. Mari lay on the ground, not moving. His adrenaline kicked in and he made his way toward her.

"No, Mari!" He moved her onto her back and felt for a pulse, it was weak but it was there. A bit of blood was coming from the corner of her mouth. Toriko could feel tears threatening to spill. He couldn't lose her, not now. She made him feel something he had never felt before, and he liked the feeling. He grabbed her hand. "Mari, c'mon, wake up! Please!" With no response, a tear managed to escape the hunters eye. Toriko could feel his anger rise.

Mari POV

I woke up, only to be surrounded by darkness. You have got to be kidding me.

"Seriously!? I died again! I really need to think my plans through better." I look around. "Where am I?"

"This is my part of your soul.' A voice called out, startling me.

"Who was that? Show yourself!" As I said that, A woman, who looked liked my appetite demon, appeared before. She was very beautiful and exotic looking. She had a very striking face, with glowing amber eyes and long red hair. She had fox ears and nine tails behind her, and a tribal looking outfit with a wooden staff that had an animal skull to complete her look. She looked very much like a kitsune "Who are you?"

 She looked very much like a kitsune "Who are you?"