~07~

~Andie POV

        So much had happened after Percy was claimed, he was moved into cabin three, everyone started being weird towards people since no one knew how the hellhound got in, and Andie was now stood outside of the Big House as Percy was now granted a quest.

        Andie also couldn't believe that Annabeth was right about the quest. Annabeth had been gushing forever that he was the one who would take them on this 'life-altering' quest that would change everything. Andie always told her the same things, that 'that's what you say about every new camper' and 'I'm not sure about this one' but now that she stood outside, already having volunteered herself for the quest, everything felt much more real. 

        Andie slumped onto the stairs, watching the storm in the distance as lightning crackled and thunder boomed, Zeus appeared to not be happy at all. The door behind her opened and she saw Grover peeking his head out. 

        "Come in, Andie." He said and she stood up and walked into the Big House seeing Mr. D, Chiron, Annabeth, and Percy all in there. 

        "Hi." She said as she took a seat. 

        "I hear you've volunteered your help?" Percy asked, he did not seem amused but there was something in his eyes that looked like relief when he looked at Andie. 

        "Yes." She answered. 

         "You're just as stupid as her aren't you." Percy replied and Andie's opened slightly and she heard Annabeth huff. 

        "I haven't been the only one waiting a long time for a quest, seaweed brain, " Annabeth said. "Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but if you're going to save the world, I'm the best person to keep you from messing up and she's the only one brave enough to tolerate you."

        "You heard the lady, fish boy." Andie snapped, crossing her arms as she slightly glared at him. 

        "Just because my father is Poseidon doesn't mean you need to find every sea-themed nickname under the sun." Percy shot back. 

        "Well, the sun gives light, and my father is the god of light, so I'll do whatever I please under the sun." Andie argued. 

        "Oh, my apologies sunshine-

        "Enough!" Chiron slammed his hoof onto the floor, causing Percy to stop talking and Andie to roll her eyes and look away from him. She didn't understand where all this attitude had come from, but she did not appreciate it. "Percy, these two have offered you their help and they are brave for it." 

        "If you do say so yourself," Percy said. "I suppose you have a plan, wise girl?"

        "Do you want my help or not?" Annabeth asked and Percy was quiet for a moment before he spoke. 

        "Four people. That'll work." He spoke. 

        "Excellent," Chiro n said. "This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal in Manhattan. After that, you are on your own."

        Andie saw lightning flash outside, and Rain poured down on the meadows that were never suppose d to have violent weather. Andie looked towards Annabeth with a concerned look and even Annabeth seemed concerned as she looked outside. 

        "No time to waste," Chiron said. "I think you should all get packing."

* * * 

        It was a good thing Andie didn't have many things because she was able to travel light. All she grabbed was her backpack and she stuffed it with her essentials, a sweatshirt since she got cold easily and some extra arrows for her bow. Her necklace/quiver normally never ran out of arrows but that was only here at camp, she didn't know if it was endless or not. 

       Soon she met Annabeth, Grover, and Percy at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill and the four told what they brought before waving goodbye to the other campers. Andie took one last look at Camp Half-Blood, her eyes raking over the strawberry fields, the Big House, everything and finally her eyes landed on the beach. She stared out at the water and for just a moment she swore she saw the same glowing that she saw a couple nights ago but the second she saw it, it was gone. 

        "Come on, Andie." Annabeth said and the four of them hiked up Half-Blood Hill to Thalia's tree. Annabeth went over and hugged the tree and Andie kissed her hand and set it onto the trunk of it, closing her eyes with a smile. 

        "She's going to miss that tree, huh?" Percy asked and Andie rolled her eyes, she hoped that Percy just didn't know it was Thalia's tree instead of being mean. 

        "This is going to be one long trip," Andie muttered while shaking her head. 

        "When Annabeth and Andie first arrived here with Thalia and Luke, they were being chased by monsters. Agents of Hades. Sisters. Furies." Grover began to explain, brushing over Andie's mumble.

        "Mrs. Dodds?" Percy asked. 

        "Yes! One was our algebra teacher. Alecto. Thalia turned back to fight to buy her friend sometime. Her satyr Protected tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen." Grover continued to explain, and Andie was curious as to why Grover didn't tell Percy that he had been their satyr protector, but she kept her mouth shut. "So, at the last moment, Zeus intervened to save her life and... changed her form." 

        "The most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life... was to turn her into a tree?" Percy asked just as Annabeth came back into earshot. 

        "She was the bravest demigod I ever knew." Annabeth snapped. "She fought valiantly, and she met a hero's fate." 

        "She met a pinecone's fate." Percy retorted and Andie elbowed him with a look. 

        "Forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even Thalia," Annabeth said. "And you are not Thalia. Do exactly as I say, and maybe you survive this. Are we clear?" 

        Annabeth grabbed onto Andie's wrist and pulled her forward so that they two could walk together, obviously not wanting to walk alone but Andie didn't mind. Boys were very stupid sometimes.  

        "Does she think she's in charge?" Andie heard Percy ask Grover. 

        "Who'd you think would be in charge?" Grover shot back.

        "I guess I assumed we'd do a show of hands or something."