~10~

~Grover's POV

        "Somewhere up ahead, this turns into a satyr path," Grover said. The group had been walking through the woods for a while now, they had whined and groaned about their loss of bags about twenty minutes ago, but Grover was still a little mad at the loss of such good tin cans.

        "What's a satyr path?" Percy asked. 

        "It's a road through the wilderness. Satyr explorers use them, harder to track us." Grover explained.

        "That's great, but if we stay in the wilderness, how are we going to find a phone?" Percy questioned and Grover saw Annabeth faulter for just a second, but she pressed on. 

        "What do we need a phone for?" Annabeth replied. 

        "So, we can call camp. to get help." Percy answered and Grover was seriously questioning how he ever survived so long in the mortal world. 

        "We don't need help. We're fine." Annabeth stated. 

        "We're fine?" Percy scoffed. 

        "Guys can we not argue again?" Grover piped up but the other two ignored him and he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned and saw Andie shaking her solemnly. Her head still had a bit of dried blood on it but everything else looked fine from her crash into the window. 

        "Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-

        "What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?" 

        "You didn't need to protect me, Percy. I would've been fine." 

        "Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in, "but fine." 

        "Shut up, goat boy." Annabeth seethed and Grover kept his mouth shut but he heard a huff from Andie.

        "Sliced like pepperoni." She said and Annabeth looked over her shoulder at her, giving her a warning look. "Sliced like cucumber. Sliced cheese."

        "Andie-

        "Sliced like cake. Sliced like meat. Sliced like tomato...

        "Andromeda Castellan, I swear to the gods if you don't stop-

        "Sliced into a million pieces like Kronos in Tartarus but oh! We would've been fine!" Andie finally shouted and Annabeth stopped abruptly, causing Percy to stumble and Grover smacked right into him. Grover moaned slightly while rubbing his forehead as he watched Annabeth charge up to Andie who stood with her arms crossed. 

         "What's your deal? Why are you all of a sudden on his side?" Annabeth demanded. 

         "His side? Why are there even sides Annabeth? And why are you asking me questions, I should be asking why you're being so freaking difficult!" Andie argued and Grover found himself wide eyed staring at the two girls as he didn't know what to do. He couldn't break out into the consensus song again; he knew those two would skewer him. 

        "Difficult? Oh now you're in for it. I have not been difficult-

        "Guys, guys, we're all on the same team here-

        "Shut it, fish boy!"

        "Be quiet, seaweed brain!"

        "Yup. Okay. Shutting up now." Percy submitted, putting his hands up and stepping back from the two girls.

        Grover stood with Percy and watched as the two girls continued to argue. Even he didn't know where Andie's anger was coming from but Annabeth's responses to her anger were not good either. 

        "Listen, just because you're the daughter of Athena doesn't mean you get to boss everyone around and be the hero during everything." Andie said. 

        "I never said I was the boss or the hero, I don't see you standing up to the leadership role. By all means, please lead the way now." Annabeth shot back. 

        "Everyone needs a little help sometimes, that's what a team is for. You didn't get to go on a quest for a reason, Annabeth. You're destined for this one. This quest. This team. This life. So just suck it up and stop being an ass-

        "Guys?"

        "What, Grover?!" Both Andie and Annabeth yelled, turning to face him but he didn't care about them raising their voices, he was smelling something that he shouldn't be smelling on a satyr path. 

        "Do you guys' smell that?" He asked. 

        "Smell what, Grover?" Andie asked, clearly annoyed with Grover for interrupting her speech to Annabeth. 

        "Hamburgers." Grover simply said before walking off. Soon he heard shuffling after him and he figured his friends had started to follow after him. 

        "Grover, what are you doing?" Percy asked. 

        "Somebody's making hamburgers in the middle of nowhere, on a satyr path. Whoever it is...they're from our world."