~18~

~Andie's POV

        "A sanctuary, dedicated to Athena, built by one of her demi-god children a long time ago," Annabeth explained as the group continued walking through St. Louis. 

        "There's an Athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown St. Louis?" Percy asked and Andie couldn't tell if he was just very confused about how there could be an Athenian temple hidden somewhere or if he was just unamused. 

        "Yes, except it's not all that hidden." Just as Annabeth said that the Gateway Arch came into view and Andie couldn't help but gap at it. She hadn't been in the mortal world since she was seven, she forgot how cool it could actually be. "It's 630 feet wide, 630 feet tall, both within an inch. It's got no internal support; each side is balanced perfectly against each other. The arch is held up by symmetry, it's held up by math."  

        "This is oddly amazing?" Andie said but it came out more as a question. She didn't know how she felt about the arch, especially as she walked inside and saw all the mortal people killing animals in pictures.

        "It is, isn't it? And it's earthquake-proof, so Poseidon can't ruin it." Annabeth said. 

        "Sweet." Percy spoke.  

        "This is how you show your love to Athena. A monument to the power of perfection." Annabeth explained and Andie had to admit, if she was a god, she'd like to have things built in her name too.

        "It's a monument to some other stuff, too." Grover muttered, obviously angry with the stuff displayed around the monument. 

        "You're talking about what some humans want this place to be about." Annabeth replied and Andie was a little worried with how else she would respond since she knew that Grover was sensitive with things that were about hurting animals. "I'm talking about what it actually is." 

        "Whatever. We're safe here, right?" Grover asked. 

        "No monsters can enter, not even Echidna." Annabeth nodded.

        "Great, well, since our train exploded, I'm going to go see if there's another one, we can get tickets on. We can't stay here forever." Grover said and he went to turn away, but he lingered for just another moment. "Just because we're prey, doesn't mean we need to be helpless." 

        With that, he walked off with a huff and Andie wanted to go after him, but she figured that he'd want his space so that he could cool down.

        "He doesn't like it when people mess with animals." Percy stated and Annabeth sighed. 

        "Yeah, I know. I shouldn't have snapped at him. I just-I know." 

        There was a little bit of a tense silence amongst the group and Andie found herself itching to get away so she excused herself so that she 'could go find a bathroom' but instead she walked around. 

        She found herself not really looking at the things around the arch but instead she found herself just being in her own head. She thot about her life back at camp, and how much she missed it. She found herself thinking of her brother and how much she missed him too. Andie wished that she had taken him up on his offer of some more sword training because she felt useless with her bow and arrow. Most of the group's fights had been so close up, she wasn't able to do anything but get hurt or run. It made her angry and soon she had wandered over to a secluded corner of the arch, where a bronze sword laid in a case. 

        Andie looked closer at the sword, reading the little tag that was above it. 

Athena and Apollo, two siblings with the mighty Zeus as their father, were also similar in certain aspects, 
one of those aspects being in helping humans. This sword is said to only be accessible to someone who may truly need it. 

        Andie raised her eyebrows at the tag, mainly for the fact that they mentioned Apollo in an Athenian temple but as Andie stared at the sword, it was as if the glass had somehow disappeared and the sword was replaced with a leather belt. 

        "What the-

        Andie looked around, seeing if anyone was paying attention before she hesitantly grabbed the belt, feeling the cool leather in her hands. She quickly put it through the belt loops on her jeans and when she looked back, the glass had been restored but there was nothing in the case, even the tag was gone. 

        "Andie!" Annabeth's voice shouted and Andie quickly ran towards the sound of her voice, ignoring how heavy the belt had been her waist feel. 

        "What happened?" Andie asked as she approached Annabeth, she turned her head, seeing Percy looking very green. "What's wrong with him?"

        "The stinger was poisonous." Annabeth answered and Andie nodded, quickly bending down to grab one of his arms and wrapping it over her shoulders. "What are you doing?" 

        "There's a fountain outside." Andie spoke as she struggled to get Percy up by herself. Annabeth stared at her for a moment, not registering it for some reason. "Hello! Son of Poseidon here!" 

        "Crap! Sorry I was overwhelmed." Annabeth spoke as she grabbed his other arm, wrapping it over her shoulders too. Grover quickly trotted over as they did, and he seemed to completely understand the situation as he quickly ushered them outside.