~03~

~Andie's POV

        "How long will I be here?" Percy asked.

        "Good question," Luke said. "Until you're determined."

        "How long will that take?"

        The campers all laughed, and Andie pursed her lips.

        "Come on," Annabeth told Percy "I'll show you the volleyball court."

        "I've already seen it."

        "Come on. Andie, you too."

        Annabeth grabbed Percy's wrist and dragged him outside. The kids of cabin eleven continued to laugh and Andie slipped out of Travis' grip, following after the other two. She caught up just in time to hear Annabeth start to rag on Percy.

        "Jackson, you have to do better than that."

        "What?"

        She rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "I can't believe I thought you were the one."

        "What's your problem?" Percy demanded angrily. "All I know is, I kill some bull guy-

        Andie shook her head at his poor choice of words, and she couldn't help but think about how idiotic he was acting. She had heard all the kids' whispering things about him, stuff about the Minotaur, stuff about how kids think he's lying about it all, but Andie knew that him killing the Minotaur was the truth. After she had left the infirmary, she caught up with Annabeth and she caught her up to speed about Percy Jackson.

        Annabeth believed that he was the demigod who would bring her on her destined quest, and she believed that Andie would play an important role on that quest too. Andie didn't believe her but as she watched Percy she couldn't shake the feeling that he was important.

        While in her thoughts, Andie had tuned out Annabeth scolding Percy until there was a loud husky voice shouting towards them.

        "Well! A newbie!" Andie closed her eyes for a second, mentally preparing for the interaction to come.

        "Clarisse," Annabeth sighed. "Why don't you go polish your spear or something?"

        "Sure, Miss Princess," The big girl said. So I can run you through with it Friday night."

        "You shut it, you don't stand a chance." Annabeth seethed, stepping closer to Andie.

        "We'll pulverize you," Clarisse said through clenched teeth before turning to Percy. "Who's this little runt?"

        "Percy Jackson," Annabeth said, "meet Clarisse, Daughter of Ares."

        "Like...the war god?"

        "You got a problem with that?

        "No," Percy quickly replied and Andie was starting to get a bit anxious at this interaction. "It explains the bad smell."

        "We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy," Clarisse growled.

        "Percy."

        "Whatever. Come on, I'll show you."

        "Clarisse-

        "Stay out of this, blondie!" Clarisse snapped at Andie, shoving her with one hand and then grabbing hold of Percy's neck. Once Andie stood, she watched Clarisse drag Percy off to the bathrooms.

         "That kid is not going to survive the real world." 

* * *

        Andie stood at the archery range, she held her bow in her hand pulling back the arrow so that it was almost touching her face before she let it go, getting a perfect bullseye once again. The campers around her clapped and she did a bow with a laugh before she noticed her brother coming up the hill with Chris and Percy. 

        "Well hello Herme's cabin!" Andie called and Luke shook his head at her. 

        "Hello, Andie." He replied before the two hugged. Having Luke as a brother was definitely a bit annoying to Andie sometimes, he was so respected around camp while others thought of her as some Clutz. But most of the time it was good having someone else she could trust wholeheartedly. "You think you can teach Percy here to shoot an arrow?"

        Andie looked towards Percy who had a bow that looked a little too big for him and he seemed very nervous, but she smiled at him, nevertheless. "Of course I can." 

        "We're trying to see who his father may be so we're going to all of the gods' main things." Luke explained as he ushered Percy forward. 

        "Understandable." Andie nodded before lifting Percy's right arm up and placing the bow correctly in his hand. She handed him an arrow and helped him notch it before she backed away. "Now watch me first, Percy." 

        "Okay." Percy agreed and he watched as Andie notched her own arrow and another girl used her lighter to set the arrow on fire which made Andie smile. 

        "Nice touch, Amelia." Andie praised before she began to lock in on her target. "Okay Percy. Make sure when you're aiming to really lock in on your target, it might take a second but if you're a kid of Apollo, you should have good aim. Either way, lock in on your target, pull your arrow back, and... release." 

        While she said all this, she demonstrated as well and when she paused before releasing, she took a deep breath before letting it go with her arrow and she managed to get another perfect bullseye. 

        "Just like that!" Andie said cheerfully before turning to Percy, her blonde hair whipping to the side. "Your turn!"

        "I want to be very clear about this, I've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous." Percy said and Andie laughed. 

        "And you never killed a Minotaur before either, until you did." Luke said to rebuttal. Percy nodded and Amelia went forward to light his arrow, but he shook his head intensely. 

        "I wouldn't." He said before he lifted his bow. Andie stepped around, fixing his form and she found that he was looking at her instead of the target. She squinted her eyes at him, and he quickly looked towards the target and pulled his arrow back before releasing it, but he released it much too quick causing it to fly towards the crowd. Everyone screamed and ducked, and Andie laughed as she saw Chris' face who had fallen to the ground. Percy seemed concerned but he turned towards Andie and Luke. "Should I try again?"

        "No! No!" The crowd shouted multiple times and Andie had to cover her mouth to suppress her giggles. 

        "Don't laugh, I tried. I really did." Percy basically whined and that made Andie laugh more. 

        "You did try, but you're definitely not a child of Apollo. Hate to break it too you." Andie replied before she turned to Luke. "Have you tried Hephestus? 

       "That's next, thanks for helping out though, sis." Luke said as he rubbed his hand on Andie's head, messing up her hair. 

        "Hey! Get out of my archery range before I bring you to Chiron on my arrow!" Andie shouted and Luke laughed before grabbing Percy and bringing him down the hill. 

        "Don't ever let that kid pick up a bow and arrow again." Andie heard someone mutter as she walked past, and she smiled with a laugh before grabbing another arrow and notching it yet again.