~23~

~Andie's POV

        To say that Andie hated being smushed right next to a god, especially the god of war, was the understatement of the century. She hated how warm he was, as if he was on fire and she hated how he smelled weird. Most of all, she hated how he was delaying their quest the longer he talked. 

        "Okay." Percy had agreed which made the god smile. 

        "Great." He said and the kids all went to move but he put his hand up, making them freeze. "One catch. I really do need that shield back, so I'm going to keep the satyr and miss attitude here as collateral, so you don't run off." 

        "What? No." Andie quickly said, still wiggling slightly so that Ares would let her and Annabeth out. 

       "Okay." Grover agreed, shocking his friends. 

        "No way. We don't split up again." Percy stated firmly. 

       "Guys-

        "Annabeth no, you can't." Andie cut her off, looking at her best friend with fear. She didn't want her to stay here with Ares either, especially with the comments she gave to him.

        "It's okay." Annabeth assured. "If he wanted to kill us, we'd be dead by now."

        Ares nodded with a chuckle beside Andie, and it took everything in her power not to try and kill him. 

       "Can we just walk them to the door?" Grover pleaded, putting on her baby satyr eyes that always won Andie over. 

       Ares sighed with a roll of her eyes but nodded, getting up from the booth and Andie was glad to be able to breathe again as she quickly slid out, wanting to get as far away from the god of war as she could. 

       The four walked to the door, Grover sighing with a small smile.

        "Okay, look. Don't engage with him." Percy quickly said. "He'll want to get you riled up, get in your head."

        "Exactly." Andie agreed. "You can't let him."

        "It's okay. Really." Grover tried to assure but Andie wasn't buying it.

        "We know what we're doing." Annabeth added, mostly talking to Andie because of how stubborn she could be. "I'm the daughter of Athena, I can use knowledge against him. Go and get the shield."

        "Yeah, we'll be here when you get back." Grover finished. 

        Andie looked at Percy, luckily, he wasn't much taller than her so she didn't have to look up, but she could see the same fear in his eyes at the thought of splitting up from his friends. 

        Last time that happened, the two of them ended up falling 650 feet and Andie got knocked out. 

        Finally, Percy sighed with a nod, giving his friends quick hugs and Andie did the same before they left the diner. 

        The walk was long, Andie wasn't good at telling time but to her it felt like they had been walking for about thirty minutes or so. The two chatted as they walked, it was kind of nice being able to get to know Percy a bit more since the two had been thrown into so much with their friends in such little time. 

        "So, your dad gave you that bow-charm bracelet-thingy-

        "Obviously." 

        "-and he gave you a necklace that turns into a sack of arrows?" Percy finished and Andie nodded, subconsciously holding onto the necklace. Percy then pointed to the belt that was wrapped around Andie's waist. "That's knew too. It can turn into a sword."