~17~

~Annabeth's POV

        Once everyone had cleaned up the compartment, they all headed out into another train car to get breakfast and Andie happily ate her eggs and ham as if she hadn't just attacked almost everyone in the cart earlier for talking.

        "Can I ask a dumb question?" Percy pipped up. 

        "It's like you need me to make fun of you," Annabeth replied and Percy rolled her eyes at her. 

        "Shoot," Grover said. 

        "I've never been to Los Angeles before. I'm guessing none of you have been to Lost Angeles. So, how will we have any idea where we're going?" Percy asked. 

        "No idea." Grover answered. "But that's like step thirty-seven and we're still on step four. We'll cross that bridge when we get there." 

        Annabeth watched Andie finish up her plate, scraping it clean before she leaned back, cocking her head to the side to look at Annabeth. Annabeth raised an eyebrow at her, watching as she slapped her hands onto her stomach. 

        "Food baby." Was all Andie said and Annabeth shook her head with a smile, leaning over and hitting Andie's stomach a little harder than she should've but it was funny watching her sit up and immediately put her head on the table in pain as she whined. "She killed my food baby." 

        "Follow-up stupid question." Percy stated, ignoring Andie's antics. 

        "Dude." Annabeth sighed; she had no idea how many more of Percy's 'stupid' questions she could take. 

        "'And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end.'" The Oracle said this quest would fail. And no one's mentioned it. This seems like something we ought to be taking a little more seriously." Percy spoke before his attention was taken by the Centaurs running past outside. 

        "The Oracle didn't say the quest would fail. "Fail to save what matters most." That could mean a lot of things. That's how prophecies work, that's how fate works." Annabeth explained, taking back Percy's attention. "It can mean a lot of things. The harder you work to understand, the harder it gets to understand." 

        Then, all of a sudden, a transit officer appeared in front of them. 

        "Excuse me. Can I see your tickets, please?" He asked and Annabeth knit her eyebrows together, but she grabbed the tickets and handed them to him. "You're in Cabin 17B?" 

        The kids nodded and the transit officer motioned for them to follow him. Annabeth was hesitant but she figured this was a mortal, so she followed along back to their cabin where she saw it was absolutely torn apart. 

        "You want to explain?" The officer asked. 

        "Wait you think we did this?" Percy asked from behind Annabeth. 

        "Did you?"

        "Sir, when we left to get breakfast, everything was intact. We don't know how this happened." Grover answered. 

        "We got a witness here, says she heard a window smash, and then heard children's voices." The officer said and Annabeth heard Andie mutter something under her breath. "Can you tell me what time you left the cabin?"

        "Are we under arrest?" Annabeth asked instead, looking up at the officer who did not seem impressed with that.

        "I don't think you want to take that tone with me, little girl."