Chapter 2

Renee's pov

Billie came back to the table and sat down. I tried not to look at her because I knew if I did I would blush. After a while she got up and went to the bathroom and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Dua scoots her chair over closer to me and says, "You like her, don't you?"

"Pfft. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. You like Billie."

"No I don't. And besides, I just met her."

"It doesn't matter if you just met her. Have you heard of this thing called love at first sight."

"No, I don't. Just get off my dick about it."

"Jeez. Okay." She says as she scoots back to where she was.

Billie comes back from the bathroom laughing and being very touchy with who I believe is Maya Hawke. I can't blame Billie, Maya is hot, but it should be me.

Oh my god I really do like her.

Billie sits down next to me with a big smile on her face.

"What's got you so smiley?" I ask.

"I may or may not have shared a kiss with Maya Hawke."

"Oh that's great." I say with a fake smile. My heart broke when she said that.

"I know, she so cool and I've had a crush on her for the longest time. It's like a dream come true."

"I'm sure it is." I say as I turn away from her to face the stage.

After the show is over I meet back up with Adam and inform him that I will be going to the after party.

I asked Dua to come with me and she told me that she would.

"You better stay next to me the entire time because I don't really know anyone here." I tell her.

"Don't worry I will. Unless a certain someone comes for you."

"Trust me she won't. She's with that nepo bitch Maya Hawke." I say as I look over to a couch where Maya is sat on Billie's lap.

"Damn, I'm sure she's a very nice person, don't judge her that quick."

"Yeah I know she's a nice person, but she's with the girl I want."

"I cracked you. You do like her."

"Oh...yeah I do like her."

"Come on let's go sit over there and try to talk with them."

"Uugh," I groan. "Fine."

We walk over to them and take a seat.

"Oh hey Dua... and Renee." Billie says.

"I'm Maya nice to meet you." She says and reaches her hand out for me to shake. I just sit and stare at her until Dua elbows me in the side.

"I'm Renee. It's nice to met you too." I say with a faker smile than Kim Kardashian's butt.

I sit there for the next hour just listening to everyone speak and also having to watch Billie and Maya kiss every thirty seconds. At that point I had enough and said, "I'm gonna go, I'm really tired." I stand up and Billie stops me saying. "Wait, Renee. Do you think I can have your number. Maybe we could hang out sometime."

"Yeah sure, I would love to." I say.

We exchange numbers and I start heading out, with Dua by my side.

"You got her number, that's a start."

"Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that she was all kissy-kissy with that bitch Maya."

"Kissy-kissy? What are you five?"

"Man, shut up. I just can't believe she would choose her over someone like me."

"Well life isn't fair sometimes, you'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe you'll get with her or maybe you'll find someone who you like more than her and is a better fit for you."

"I guess. But I still just really want her."