Will you go out with me?

John had been nervously rehearsing his lines for hours. He had finally mustered the courage to ask Emily out on a date, and now it was time to put his plan into action.

He took a deep breath and approached Emily, who was sitting alone in the school courtyard.

'Uh, hey Emily,' John stuttered, his heart racing. 'I was wondering if maybe you'd want to go out with me? Like, on a date?'

Emily turned to him, a small smile playing on her lips. She could see how nervous he was and it made her heart melt.

'I would love to, John,' she replied, trying to ease his nerves. 'But why are you so nervous? It's just a date.'

John let out a relieved sigh, his shoulders relaxing. 'I know, I know. I'm just really, really into you and I don't want to mess this up.'

Emily smiled, feeling a flutter in her stomach at his confession. 'Well, you don't have to worry. I'm into you too.'

John could hardly believe his ears. He had been secretly crushing on Emily for months, and now she was saying she liked him too.

'Really?' he asked, a hopeful look in his eyes.

'Really,' Emily confirmed, her smile growing wider.

John let out a happy laugh and took a step closer to Emily. 'So, would you like to go out tonight? Maybe grab some dinner and catch a movie?'

Emily nodded, feeling her own excitement growing. 'That sounds perfect.'

As they made plans for their date, John couldn't stop grinning. He couldn't believe that he had asked Emily out and she had said yes. He was beyond thrilled.

Emily noticed how his nerves had melted away and she was glad that she could make him feel more at ease. She found his nervousness endearing, and it made her look forward to their date even more.

That evening, as they sat across from each other at the restaurant, John couldn't help but feel grateful for Emily's understanding and kindness. He had been so nervous, but she had seen past it and accepted him for who he was.

As the night went on and John's nerves completely disappeared, Emily saw another side of him. He was funny, charming, and incredibly sweet. She couldn't believe she had almost missed out on this amazing person because of her own insecurities.

As they walked out of the restaurant hand in hand, John turned to Emily with a shy smile. 'Thank you for saying yes to this date, and for seeing past my nerves.'

Emily reached up and gently brushed her fingers through his hair. 'Thank you for asking me out. I'm so glad I said yes.'

And as they shared their first kiss under the stars, John knew that this was just the beginning of something special. He was grateful for his nerves, for they had brought him to this wonderful girl who saw him for who he truly was.