Left Out (Chelsea Gray)

Requested by: verretta99

February 14th, 2023

Chelsea Pov

This was the day that i'm sure every single person dreads the most. Right now I was getting ready to go to our team's annual valentine's dinner. I would have been going with my now ex Tipesa but I found out that she's been cheating on me for the past month which is crazy to me because we were literally together for 2 years but I guess I just wasn't good enough for her. Alright enough of all that debby downer stuff I need to hurry up and leave before i'm late even though I won't quite mind being late. Nevermind let me not before Candace cusses me out or even whoop me for not coming cause I know she would.

I put my shoes on and grabbed my keys heading out the door and getting in my car settling in for the 20 minute drive. I listened to my playlist that consisted lots of E-40 and what some would call "depressing music". I just pulled up to the restaurant and I sighed deeply before gaining the courage to just get out and get this dinner over quickly.

 The waiter walked over to where the team was seated at and once everyone noticed they all greeted me with hey's and smiles. "Oh my gosh my best is here guyssss" Sydney said in a goofy voice walking over and hugging me tightly as I tried to get out of her grasp.

 "Syd I hate to break it to you but chels is most definitely my best not yours, sorry not sorry" Candace said shrugging as everyone laughed. "Come sit down by me BEST" Candace said emphasizing the best part. I walked over and sat down saying hey to everyone and making small talk with everyone. "You look so good chels I love those pants i'ma definitely steal them from you one day" A'ja said as I sat down making me shake my head and laugh cause I know that she is being so serious.

 "You look so good chels I love those pants i'ma definitely steal them from you one day" A'ja said as I sat down making me shake my head and laugh cause I know that she is being so serious

The waiter's just came and handed out everyone's food. I ordered a simple chicken and rice with broccoli nothing to fancy. As everyone ate and created lots of conversation I just sat in silence eating my food. After I finished my food I just sat back and watched everyone happy with their boyfriends, girlfriends, and wives. Hell even Jack is here with her boyfriend and she's usually the one who is never in a relationship out of all of us on the team. 

It's honestly overwhelming and sad how i'm the only person here without a little boo of my own. I can't stand sitting here watching all of this love around me I need a break. "I'll be right back i'm gonna step out really quick" I whispered into Candace's ear as I got up walking out of the restaurant. 

I stood at the side of the building just looking up at the sky as the sun settled. As I was looking up into the sky a tear slowly rolled down my cheek as I thought about how me and Tip could've been something so amazing. It just hurt me the most when I found out she cheated because I was planning on buying her a ring and asking her to marry me, but I guess it was best that I didn't waste my time or money on doing that. 

As I continued to stare into the sky and dwell on my past relationship I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turned around in shock as I seen my old teammate's face who I played with in college."Surprise Nichelle" Y/n smiling as she held a large bouquet of flowers with some chocolate. "Y/n? Yo what are you doing down here in Vegas?" I said in shock as I smiled and grabbed the flowers and chocolate from her hands. 

"Well I heard about what happened with ole girl so I just thought it would be nice to come and spread some love my point guard" she said smiling wholeheartedly at me. I pouted at the gesture that she went out her way to do for me. "Thank you so much y/nn you don't know how much this means to me for real" I said as a tear rolled down my face.

"Aww chels don't cry, you know i'm gonna always be here for you no matter how many states separated we are" she spoke softly as she pulled me into a tight and much needed hug. I quietly cried into her neck as she just rubbed my back and gave me reassuring words. She pulled away and wiped my tears with the pads of her thumbs. 

"Okay let's stop crying and go enjoy the rest of this night with or without a boo cause we will forever be what?" she said smirking at me. I giggled before finishing our phrase "we will foreverbe dtb for life" I said as she clapped and nodded. "I know that's right now let's hurry up and get inside before they all think you ditched on them" she said as she grabbed my hand and lead me back into the restaurant. 

Maybe Valentine's Day isn't so bad, that is if you have great friends of course.

(A/N) Hope I was able to fufill your request for this one, I actually enjoyed writing this one a lot! If you all have a request for someone you would like just comment or message me and hopefully i'll be able to make that request to my fullest extent.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love, ya mama<3