The Return (Alysha Clark)

(A/N) Just a heads up there will be quite a bit of time skips in this one.

February 8th

Alysha Pov

We were in the last quarter of the game, and we were up by 4 against the wings. I was guarding Rike and managed to intercept her pass that she was trying to get inside to the paint. I saw y/n sprinting down the court so I chucked the pass down to where she was but a defender was right behind her inching closer and closer. Y/n went up for the layup making it and getting fouled as she went down to the ground hard. I saw her grab her knee in pure agony and I instantly sprinted down the court going to her aid. "I placed my hand on her head so she knows I was next to her "what's wrong my love what hurts?" I asked. She grunted lowly in pain as she rocked side to side holding her right leg up, "my knee I think I broke or tore something" she said as my mind immediately went to the worse. 

From what she said I can just assume that she tore her ACL which is is terrible for her and our team cause our season just started so she would have to be out for nearly the whole season and possibly the post season. Our medic came over examining her as I just stood and watched as my girlfriend laid on the ground in udder pain. I didn't know I was crying until I felt A'ja come over and hug me as she tried her best to hold back her tears but couldn't. I couldn't hold it either as I just broke down crying into her side as my other emotional teammates comforted me. The entire arena was dead silent no one said a word everyone just watched hoping the best for her.

I saw the medics rush out with a stretcher making my anxiety raise up more. I was about to walk over and see was was going on but Becky held me back and told me they brought the stretcher out because she couldn't walk. As the were finally able to get her onto the stretcher its like everyone in the arena finally exhaled the breath we were all holding. Everyone clapped with some people saying "we love you y/n" and some starting the MVP chant. I walked over to the stretcher and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead to let her know that I loved her because the words just couldn't come out my mouth.

I walked over to our bench and sat down wiping my face with a towel as I listened to Becky come up with a new gameplan for us since y/n is now out. One of the reffs came and told us that someone would have to shoot the and 1 freethrow for y/n and I obviously chose to be the person to do it. I walked up to the line as all the fans cheered for me. I took a deep breath in before shooting the ball and watching it go through the net. I walked back over to our huddle listening to A'ja speak. "Alright guys we gotta finish this off for y/n cause we know it's what she would want us to do" she said as everyone nodded in agreement, "for y/n on me for y/n on 3! 1, 2, 3, FOR Y/N!" we all shouted as we walked back onto the court. "You got it lysh just stay locked in like you know she always preaches you to be about" Chelsea said as she tapped my shoulder.

(Time skip after the game)

So it was confirmed y/n did in fact tear her ACL and is expected to be out the rest of this season, which made me more sad then her because I know how excited she was for this season and now she will be out the rest of the season. Right now we were both in bed with her laying her head in my lap as she watched some game on tv and me peacefully reading my bible as I softly scratched her scalp. As I finished reading I heard soft snores making me look down and see that she was knocked out. I grabbed my phone and took a picture posting it on insta.

 I grabbed my phone and took a picture posting it on insta