Chapter 13 - Mayumi and the Black Lotus Group

The young woman heard a voice said "You have experienced Awakening and have gained enhanced physical abilities.

You have gained 'Proxy Regeneration' that allows you regeneration skills from your master which you are bound with extreme loyalty.

You have gained 'Vanguard' that allows you to understand the powers of those you lead and properly coordinate the actions of those you lead.

You have gained 'Planner' that allows you to develop a plan according to the circumstances to ensure the success of an undertaking."

The young woman was very weak at first but was regaining her strength. The last time she remembered was she was walking on her way home when a van stopped to ask for directions. Then suddenly she was grabbed and her mouth was covered with clothes that smelled strange then fell unconscious.

She could remember her father and family but she seemed different somehow. She somehow felt like she owes her life to someone and she felt extremely loyal to that someone.

As the woman regained her consciousness, she felt someone was carrying her. The young woman thought she was with her kidnapper and she suddenly escaped from the man's arms and instinctively kicked him.

The man in black was surprised but managed to block her kick. The young woman felt strong and light. "I will take you down" thought the young woman preparing her moves.

The young woman was the only daughter of the leader of the Black Lotus Group and was being trained by their best hand to hand combat and weapons expert. But she was also known for being a sickly daughter. Recently her father, the leader of the mafia was getting weak attributed to the new variant of COVID. But everyone suspect that somehow her father was poisoned.

War of succession was brewing. And the sickly daughter of the mafia leader was not considered to succeed her father. But now, the young woman felt strong and full of vigor.

"Wait. This is a misunderstanding. I saved you from the monsters." Noir said and noted her enhanced physical strength and agility.

When Noir mentioned about the monsters, Mayumi remembered being carried by monsters with sharp teeth and was about to be sacrificed. She vaguely remembered being bitten, and then a man in black suit attended to her. Then she fell unconscious.

"You.. saved me?", the young woman said.

"Yes I did." Noir said.

Somehow she felt she felt indebted and could trust the man in a black suit. "May I know your name?" she asked.

"I am Noir. The darkest black. I walk in the path of shadows to hunt those hiding in shadows." Noir declared.

The young woman felt extreme loyalty and indebted to Noir. "I am truly grateful for saving me my Lord. I am Mayumi Jaruda, the only daughter of the leader of Black Lotus Group. My life is yours if you take it."

Mayumi was surpassed at her words but somehow it was the right words to say.

"Lord Noir? Black Lotus Group? The mafia?" Noir thought. "Why are you alone in the mountain and with monsters?" Noir asked.

"I... My family has many enemies. I have suspected that someone has been poisoning my father. I was abducted as I was to receive blessing from my father as the successor to lead the Black Lotus Group. Apparently, someone has connection to the monsters to make me as sacrifice, Lord Noir. " Mayumi said.

"Why do you address me as Lord Noir?" Noir added.

"I... You have saved my life and it is yours to take", Mayumi said a bit confused and yet it was right.