Chapter 14 - The Key, the Door, and the Black Rings

Noir passed by a closed hardware shop. Having thought up of a fast way to access the cavern, Noir changed into his black suit and went to the back door of the shop and broke its lock. Noir took a doorknob with a set of keys. Then he took some carpentry tools and nails then stored them on his Spatial Storage along with few lumber and a door.

Noir took out a bundle of cash from the bag and put a note saying "For the door, lumber, and other stuff. Keep the change".

Noir hurriedly went back to the forest excited on what he was planning. Noir took him a while and reached the cavern by morning. The moon wall already disappeared.

Noir recalled the stuff he took from the hardware shop and built a door on the tunnel. Noir made a hole on the outer side of the tunnel door enough for the tumbler case to fit in but not enough for the hole to go through the other side of the door.

Noir disassembled the doorknob to only use the inside knob, rosette, keyhole, and tumbler case. Using his 'Rune Manipulation' skill, Noir enchanted magic Runes on the key and the doorknob.

Noir recalled the thumb sized monster gems that he got from the Satyr and put it on the enchanted Doorknob tumbler case. The Runes on the Doorknob glowed for a moment as magic was activated.

After fitting in the Doorknob, Noir removed the Key and the Door glowed activated by the magic of the Doorknob.

Noir tested the Door by pushing or pulling it opens to the other side like a regular door. However, holding the Doorknob and picturing a target 'door', be it a real door, outline of a door on a wall, or drawing of a door and pulling in the Doorknob would open the Door to the target 'door'.

Noir tested the Door and Key for its features and uses. Once the Door was activated, it cannot be broken down, or damaged.

After using the Door to go back to the hardware shop and using the Key to go back to the cavern, Noir said "Now I can go in and out of the cavern without having to roam around the forest."

Noir used the Door to go to the wooden door on the other side of the portal to Alterra. However, when Noir opened the Door, it opened to the cavern. Noir was confused at first then concluded that the Door won't work across portals.

Now that he has a fast way to travel in and out of the cavern and perhaps anywhere, Noir thought of a way to have a suit made for Phi.

"Perhaps a suit that protects from physical and magic attacks. And maybe changed into any form so I don't have to change my clothes. And never needs washing and cleaning." Noir said.

Then experimenting on his black suit changed the suit to casual wear on the color, size and type he had pictured in his mind. He further experimented as a sort of extension of his body and found out he can conjure thin sharp threads that do not break, or weapons made out of the black plasma but sharps and strong as the hardest metal. Noir can conjure throwing knives but would dematerialize after a distant. However, he can make thrown objects or weapons return back to him.

Noir changed back to Phi and checked the items in the Storage Bag. Then, he consulted the books on magic and the mage's large notebook. The mage turned out to be an Alchemist who delved in enchantments.

Phi studied the notebook and travelled to the downtown Kapatagan thru the Door where he would buy food and a mobile phone from the money that Mayumi gave him. Phi took pictures or doors that he might use in the future before going back to the cavern using the Key.

Phi changed back to Noir and experimented on the Alterran animal bones that were still on the cavern and Noir used his 'Transmutation' to fashion it to a ring. Noir used his 'Runes Manipulation' cast Rune enchantments on the ring.