Chapter 1 - Leader of the Party

Alex Garner was watching the election from his home in Bayside Haven, New York. It was a small wealthy town in New York's third Congressional district, a district that Alex happened to represent in Congress.

The third district used to be a purple district with the infamous George Santos winning it in 2022 only to be expelled the next year after his crimes were exposed. It was a swing district until Garner came around. He was young, a man of the center, with hard work dedication and a little bit of luck he had turned the district into a Solid Blue district.

The Tv presenter announced "The Republicans have won control of a trifecta in government: The house, the senate, and the presidency"

This was truly terrible news thought Alex, the republicans hadn't had the house since 2024. His mentor, the Speaker Hakeem Jeffries would be upset, as this meant the infamous Marjorie Taylor Greene would be Jeffries' successor as speaker.

On the bright side, At least it was Stevenson who would be president instead of Matt Gaetz.

He decided that it may be a time for a change in leadership so he called his mentor:

"Hello, this is Hakeem Jeffries, Speaker of the house"

"It's me Alex"

"Oh, Alex how are you" Hakeem Said

"Not great, the Republicans won" said Alex and he continued "I think it may be time for a change in leadership, I think I am ready"

"You're only in your thirties, Alex, and you know why I can't leave, the left will takeover the party, we can't let what happened to the Republicans happen to us" said Hakeem

"I think I can win the leadership, If I can have your endorsement" said Alex

"If you really think you are ready, I will endorse you, but to ensure victory you must receive the endorsement of Barack Obama"

"I'll do what you did as leader and hold up the extreme Republican Agenda, like 2023 they have a very small majority only 6 seats, it's 211- 224"

And they say goodbye and he called Obama

"Hello this is Former President Obama.Who is this?"

"This is Alex Garner, Congressman from New York's third district"

Obama said "Mr Garner what do you want to talk about"

"Hakeem Jeffries has endorsed me for leader of the democrats in the house"

Obama asks "Why would I endorse you over AOC?"

"Because AOC can't win a national election, she only does well with certain aspects of the population, I win over voters who vote Republican, I can win back Congress" says Alex.

"That was a trick question, I was always going to endorse you over AOC. I just wanted you to defend yourself and you passed the test" says Obama

"I endorse you" says Obama

And they hang up.

The day of electing the new leader comes and a majority of democrats vote for Garner with only the squad voting for AOC.