Chapter 3 - Marjorie's Speech

January, 2041

Marjorie had been elected speaker of the house, God save us all, Thought Alex. It was time to handover the gavel to Marjorie. Alex began giving his speech:

"For 5 rounds all Democrats stood united in order while the Republicans were dysfunctional. This shows the unity of our party compared to the Alternative"

Alex continued:

"Despite our Many political differences, I am actually looking forward to working with you Madam Speaker. House Democrats under my leadership will continue putting people over politics!"

And he handed the gavel to Marjorie. The new speaker began her speech:

"I was chosen by God and Donald J. Trump to be speaker of the United States House of Representatives"

Alex Rolled his eyes at the vanity of this woman and she continued:

"I will save America from the Satan Worshipping Pedophilles"

Again Marjorie was Promoting Baseless conspiracy theories, typical Marjorie and she continued:

"I am the chosen one!"

God would this woman shut up, Alex zoned out for the rest of the speech. Soon it was time for the congresspeople to take their oaths, the dean of the house came up.

"Repeat after me" the dean said said "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God".

The representatives repeated "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God" 

 So help me God"