Chapter 19- The Fall of Beijing

June, 2043

Alex arrived in China, he met with August and Wilhelm and went to the conference room.

Alex began "Since the Death of Chairman Xi, China has been without a leader, we must capitalize on this moment!"

August responds "General Secretary Xi, not chairman. That post hasn't existed in the CCP since the '80s".

God something about this August guy really irked him.

Alex responds "As my Nana would say, same difference".

Just then he felt closer to Nana, as if her ghost was watching him.

Wilhelm asks "who is this Nana person?"

Alex responds "She was my grandmother, her and I were very close, when she alive I called her everyday"

"I used to be close with my grandmother but not that close" says August

Alex says "She died just after I was elected Speaker, of old age, she was 98, she had just turned 98"

"I'm sorry for your loss" replied Wilhelm

Alex responds "Don't be, she's in a better place now, she lived a long and fulfilling life and died peacefully" and he continues "now let's take Beijing".

Alex met the troops outside the great hall of the people, where the Chinese Army was making its final stand. He saw the flag of Delta Squad, the famous German Squad of Soldiers. And saw a familiar looking man, the man spoke in Ukrainian and suddenly he realized who it was

"You're Yuriy Ivanov" Alex said

"Yup" said Yuriy

"You are truly a hero, I met your mother you know"

"Who are you?" Asked Yuriy

"I'm the speaker of the United States House of Representative, Alex Garner"

"My mother spoke highly of a Mr. Garner on one of my calls with her" said Yuriy

"I know about your father, I'm glad you avenged him"

"Thank you very much" said Yuriy and they said goodbye.

A few days later Beijing falls and the war was over.