Chapter 22- Landslide Alex

November, 2044

"Hello and Welcome to ABC News" the reporter says, and continues "It is once again Election night in America, and the polls show Alex Garner with a large lead over opponent Herschel Walker, if this proves true we might see the largest victory in decades".

The reporter begins talking about how historic it is that for the first time ever there is a Jewish Presidential nominee and how they might have the 1st President to not be a Christian. Alex continues watching

The polls begin closing and some unexpected results begin to come in.

"Unusually, the state of Texas is still too close to call" says the reporter and he continues "we can project that New York, California, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia have been won By Alex Garner".

Then something very unusual happened "We can now Project that the State of Alaska has flipped to Alex Garner, this is Mary Peltola's home state but it hasn't voted blue since '64".

Then something truly bizarre happened "We can now project that Alex Garner has won the State of Florida, becoming the first Democratic nominee to win this state since Obama. Could this be the fallout of Walker's disastrous natural disaster remark".

More states flip blue until it is announced "ABC can now project that Alex Garner is elected the 50th President of the United States!"

Soon Texas flips blue, and the only States that Vote for Walker is Alabama and Mississippi making the final total:

Alex Garner (D) : 523

Herschel Walker (R) : 15

The news reporter announces "This is the first time since 1988, that Any candidate has won more than 400 electoral votes".

Alex Garner steps on to the stage to deliver his victory speech and begins:

"4 years ago, I was just an average congressman. 15 years ago, I was a nobody. For Somebody of humble origins to climb to be president of this great country is truly the American dream. We are a country of proud and great people, however there is an underbelly of racism we must work to fix! My victory, our victory is the first step!"

Mass applause breaks out for the president-elect and he knows everything will be ok.