Chapter 11 - Calling the chancellor

Febuary, 2042

Alex decides that the best way to win the midterms is for the chancellor to endorse him. But the chancellor never endorses poltictians outside Germany, but Alex thinks he can change that. He dials the Chancellor's number.

"Hello this is minority leader Garner. Federal Chancellor how are you? "

The chancellor replies "Good, I didnt expect this call, why are you calling?"

"We need your help in the midterms, we know you hate the new speaker Boebert. I have always been an ally of the LGBTQ+ community unlike Boebert look at her homophobic record. You and I are much the same, we are both centrists, people who did this job to help others. Wille can you come to New York"

Alex had analyized Wille's speeches and figured out he didnt like Lauren Boebert.

The Chancellor responds "Yes"

Wilhelm arrives in new york, the joke around laughing and crying together and form a close bonf. Alex shows him One World Trade Center and the Empire State Building.

Wille leaves for a bit to see an old friend, and when he comes back he shares something intresting

"How was meeting with your friend?"

Wille replies "Good and he said some nice things about you" and he contiunes "I ran into someone who I didn't expect to"

"Who?"

Alex wonders if its someone he should know

The chancellor cuts off his train of thought "George Anthony Devolder Santos, former congressman from New York's third district, Serial liar and convicted criminal"

Alex laughs "That guy, what is he doing now?"

Wille responds "he is a homeless man on the street, and he was running a Nigerian Prince scam"

Alex Laughs again "Once a scammer, always a scammer"

Wilhelm goes up to the podium and begins:

"Good Afternoon, I am here today to endorse Alex Garner and the Democratic Party for the next election in November"

Applause breaks out and Wilhelm contiunes:

"I normally don't take sides in foreign elections however this is important. Speaker Lauren Boebert is a lunatic and election denier. Having Marjorie Taylor Greene say those things to me has woken me up and made me realize that we cannot allow people like that to be in power. Do you really want a speaker who gropes her boyfriend in a theater or vapes in the same theater. I say Nien! That is why I am endorsing the democrats. Thank you very much"

Mass applause breaks out and the democrats, already ahead in the polls gain 5 points that day.