Chapter 😈 20 (Part 2)

The day finally, the god awful day where you have to meet your ex-fiance again because it's his mother's birthday, she's a real sweetheart, and immediately recognizes and treats you as a part of the family right after Eros introduces you to her 8 years ago. Wearing your most modest fitted grey-fitted dress that brings out your hip, a black blazer drapes over your shoulder while you carry both your cane and a handbag. 

Clank. "Ugh" Stomping your cane on the concrete floor in front of a large mansion, your expression was as sour as a lemon, not daring to step over the line of the gate. Your bodyguards holding the present for Eros's mother, Hilda. And the guards at the gate both looked at each other and shrugged.

Then you quickly turn to Ralf. "Rock paper, 'n scissors, if I win we'll let the guards here give the gift instead" Without much of a choice, Ralf nodded and they both played, clenching their hands into fists and rocking them up and down. "Shoot!-" you said, almost a yell. "NO!" you groaned lifting your defeated rock against Ralf's paper hand.

"Crap..." you muttered under your breath, turning your black heels, and sighing, you finally decide to enter the mansion. The music of a classical piano number could be heard playing after you walked through the long garden of Hilda's house, they don't allow cars from outside, and Hilda doesn't like her pavement getting dirtied. After a few minutes of walking, you finally arrived at the front porch. The butler recognized you and didn't utter a single word, just waved his hand to the guards to open the door, giving you a nod as you walked past him and let through into the grand birthday party of Hilda.

The halls are filled with people dressed in various old money clothing, from top hats down to brown leather shoes, you were the only one odd out so a lot of eyes were on you the moment you walked through these crowds. Hilda wasn't hard to find, just look up ahead and you'll see a woman in her 60s with her bright blonde hair adorned with white strands of aging, still, she is beautiful. She was chatting with a group her age, your eyes would wander around her surroundings, hoping that Eros wouldn't be near you so you can just make this visitation quick.

Hilda chuckled a laugh and looked around, she caught you being wary of her son's presence, she snapped her fingers and a guard was quick to be behind you and Ralf, guiding you towards their mistress. "(Y/n)!" she greeted you with enthusiasm, her group of friends quickly turned to you, their eyes widening, and looked away as if you weren't standing right in front of them.

Cowards. "Madame Hilda, it's so nice to see you again, I see you've been using the creme I bought for you, Ah! speaking of gift" you said with a toothy smile, you gestured with a finger for Ralf to step closer and open it, showing the dazzling pearl you personally ordered from the Philippines last year.

"Ohh~" Hilda placed a hand on her chest, sighing a smile. "You're such a sweetheart, I'll wear them right now" and she did, with the help of her own bodyguard, it compliments her white dress.

"Lovely," you said.

"Right, I know you aren't staying here that long- so, we should get down to business," she said, glancing at her so-called friends, they immediately walked away with champagne in their hands. "Come, walk with me" Oh man, more walking.

"Certainly"

You and Hilda leave the halls, walking into a long hallway, where paintings of Renaissance are displayed on the red wall. Two men were walking behind you, you know that this talk isn't just some 'Hi, Hello' conversation, this is something serious.

"I want you to get back together with my son" You almost choked on your tea upon hearing those words, clearing your throat you place the cup back on the saucer. Currently, the two of you are in her study room, books fill the shelves, and in the middle of the wall is a fireplace, where the two of you sit closely on the single sofa.