3. Nothing to worry

After Jungkook got through the school day and the boring hours he spent in stuffy classrooms, he made his way to the auditorium. He had been there the day before, when everything was roughly explained to them, and he knew the area better than he himself would have expected.

He had calmed down from the shock before the first lesson and could therefore pretend that nothing had happened, but now, on the way, he had to think about it again. An unpleasant feeling spread through him as he couldn't think of a way to get around the performance.

Jungkook stood in front of the large double doors and bravely decided to just open the door. When that didn't work, his courage evaporated again. He stood waiting in front of the door, becoming more restless with each passing second. What if it takes place somewhere else?

Just five minutes later, he was standing in the auditorium with a group of other students and the theater teacher, quite relieved. Luckily, he had the opportunity to be here, even if he had preferred the dance club. At least he had found something and didn't have to go home to explain to his father, who had insisted so much, that he didn't have a club after all.

He would have preferred many clubs to theater, many where you don't stand in front of hundreds of people, talk, and play a role that perhaps doesn't represent your own views. He is afraid that people will think that he is really like that or thinks that way, although speaking in front of a lot of people is actually bad enough.

When the excited conversation had calmed down a bit, the teacher began to speak.

"Hello. I'm glad that so many of you showed up. My name is Ms. Yang. We won't be doing much today, but I'm looking forward to more hours with you. Come with me to the stage, and we'll form a seating circle, but please take off your shoes beforehand."

Everyone was excited and put their things on a seat in the audience area. Everyone except Jungkook, who was still not completely comfortable with what he was doing.

Nevertheless, he put his things aside and took off his shoes.

It was so foreseeable, that he was annoyed. Jungkook wore his Iron Man socks today on the first day of school, which should let him get through the day smoothly.

But that was one of the worst things that could have happened.

Absolutely not smooth at all.

He quickly gathered again so as not to make it worse, but when he was one of the last on the stage, a wave of embarrassment rolled over. Nobody should ever see his socks, so his not-existing reputation was done. The boy, who is talking to Taehyung, one of the cool ones, and at the same time wears Iron Man socks. It is not the case that he doesn't feel comfortable, but with the convicted eyes of the others, he simply wanted to run away in his red-yellow printed socks.

He sat on his feet and looked around at the others. Jungkook still couldn't believe that everyone who was sitting on the stage like him also really wanted to stand on it and perform in front of a lot of people. He would never put himself through this torture voluntarily.

When his eyes wandered further, he saw the rosy soft lips of a boy, his gaze hit his shiny eyes a little later, that looked directly into his own. He could not see any further details because at the moment he noticed that the boy also looked at him, he looked away. From the corner of the eye he could still see the blonde hair, but preferred to lower his gaze in his lap and ended it without even looking at the rest.

But even if, or perhaps because, Jungkook had only seen him briefly, he reminded him of someone.

After everyone introduced themselves, Ms. Yang started talking again.