11. Typical Jeon

Jungkook sat sullenly at his desk, thinking hard. Why did it have to be so fucked up?

He had already agreed to tutoring, but who could have predicted that. Of all those who could be, it had to be him.

"I think the tutoring will be good for you. Your tutor's name is Park Jimin. He is a great student, I bet you will get along with him very well." Ms. Wang said.

Get along well? Good joke.

The last few times he had met Jimin, it didn't seem as if he could even behave normally around Jimin.

Every time Jungkook looks at him, he forgets what Jimin is supposed to have done because he's blinded by the sugar-sweet smile and Jimin's smiling eyes.

Mila says that's exactly why they should hurt him. To topple him from his throne of sweetness.

He himself is even worse than Mila in this point.
She only ever talks about how much she hates him and what she wants to do to him, but in the end, she hasn't done anything hurtful yet.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was the one who was mean and bumped into him. He doesn't want to hurt Jimin and tries to divert Mila from her stupid ideas, but in the end it's him who hurts him unintentionally.

"He said you should just write to him so you can arrange to meet at the library or something."

Would he teach Jungkook if he knew that Jungkook was Jungkook?

Should he tell him?
Should he text him at all or leave it alone? That would be much easier.

But life is not easy, a voice in his head said dramatically.
He continued to sit there mulling it over.

It was even more difficult than writing to Mila on the first day, even though he wasn't even hoping to make a good impression in order to make friends.

He put it off for the time being, he needed more time to think about it.
On the weekend, he decided, today would have been too much of an imposition because he had only received this information that day.

At some point, he began to work out, doing his usual routine. Squats, push-ups, burpees, and he was still thinking about Jimin. His homework and an episode of the new Netflix series later, still.

"Oh, fuck it.", Jungkook let out a sigh as he realized that he wouldn't stop thinking about Jimin until he had texted him.

Does 'Hello, this is your new student' sound too stuffy?

Should he mention who he is right away?
'Hi dear tutor, this is Jungkook, your new student.'

Or invite him to the meeting straight away?
'Monday, first break in the library.'

All garbage.

'Hi, looks like you're my new tutor. I hope we can both make an attempt to get along. We have to anyway, because of Theater Club and our lover roles.
This is Jungkook, by the way.'

He hadn't even finished writing his next attempt when he realized that it wasn't superficial as he wanted it to be. A simple hello was enough, he didn't need to write so much. And it doesn't need to contain so many of his emotions.

When he wanted to delete the entire typed message, he hit the wrong key.

And accidentally sent the message.

A typical Jeon move.

Panic spread through him, and before he could do anything, such as delete the message, he saw that it had already been marked as read.

Pretty shitty situation.

-

Jimin read the message he had received an hour ago over and over again.