(S:1)Chapter 9: Fight

NEW CHAPTERRRR, I know it's a little late to be posting but HERE IS ISSSSS. Time to kill creek. WAIT WHAT? Did you hear something? I didn't.

TW: Swearing <3

Poppy opened the door to the makeshift courthouse pod and stepped inside. She looked around for a moment, creek had currently not arrived. Though her and branch were early. Poppy's anxiety began to rise. Branch sensed this and locked his hands with hers.

"Hey, take a breath for me. I won't let him hurt you. Or even look at you. No one will let him hurt you." Branch talked whispered so only poppy could hear.

"O-okay... Yeah okay!" Poppy took a deep breath and put her game face on.

"That's its flower! Let's get you ready." Branch said hyping his wife up.

They walked toward the judge's block and while poppy sat in a nice conferrable pink chair, branch stood refusing to leave poppy's side. A security troll walked up to branch.

"Branch, you have to go sit with the other trolls representing troll village." The security troll said guiding branch to his chair.

"With all due respect, I'm not moving this spot. I am the queen's bodyguard for the day. So, if that's not the answer you were looking for, I apologize." Branch said with kindness but stern making his point.

The security troll turned his head to the queen. Poppy nodded her head visibly distressed and needing her husband.

"I'll take my leave." The security troll bowed their head to both of the trolls before walking back to their spot.

Branch turned his head to see poppy bouncing her leg up and down rapidly, showing signed of anxiousness. Branch bit his lower lip thinking of what to do to settle her.

He put his hand on poppy's shoulder, and she looked up at him her leg stopped bouncing. Branch gave poppy a reassuring smile and mouthed "I'm right here." Poppy took a deep breath and smiled warmly back, looking forward. As the doors opened.

Poppys high anxiety rushed back to her, and her ears dropped down, her leg bouncing.

Creek stepped through the double doors of the court room and paused looking upwards at the queen, a menacing smirk appeared on his face for a millisecond, one only poppy seemed to see. (Think of the cubic stare)

"Branch." Poppy's gaze was locked on creek, worried if she took her eyes off him something she didn't want, to happen.

"It's okay, just breath you'll be fine, he can't do anything here." Branch saw poppy's petrified gaze, and worried.

"No no! Branch I can't do this, let's go home. I don't want to do this. I can't." Poppy took her eyes of creek and looked at branch, absolute pure fear in her gaze. Poppy's breathing quickened. She stood seeming to try to get out of the court room.

"Poppy, no no... Shhh shhh flower look at me." Branch said catching poppy and setting her back into her chair. "I need you to breath for me, you are overstimulating your body." Branch held poppy's hand trying to calm her, other trolls started to stare and whisper. She can't have a panic attack here. He thought.

He turned his focus back to poppy, her breath was shallow, and her eyes were fixed at her feet. She was trying so hard to calm her body. Her mind flashed with thoughts and memories... She didn't want to see again.

Branch realized... Poppy is exhausting herself trying to fight the panic.

Branch turned his head to the security troll from earlier. The troll new by branch's look that poppy would not be able to continue the trial.