Prologue of Chasing Butterflies

"Don't hurt my baby!"

Cried Aiyana Akecheta, latching onto her husband's arm as he approached their young daughter of only 10 years, with a strip of leather in his hand.

"Get off me woman! This is for her own good, no man would ever want her unless I fix the damages that you've done." he spat at her, shaking her off of him. "I refuse to raise a disappointment." He seethed, glaring harshly at his only daughter, Nova.

The little girl looked down at her violin that lay at her feet and regretted ever trying to make her dad happy. All had been going well until she had strummed the wrong string. She had watched as anger instantly clouded her father's face, leading to where they were now.

She watched as her father stomped towards her, backing her into a corner, and tore the back of her shirt clean off of her shaking frame. He raised the strip of leather, no doubt from his own abusive father, and brought it down hard and fast onto her back. She squeezed her eyes shut anticipating the fiery pain that she didn't feel until the leather hit her back the second time. Crying out she fell down onto the living room floor and curled into the fetal position, praying for this nightmare that she had caused to end.

Just as he raised the leather again there was a loud bang coming from the front of the house. Her older brother came racing in, having heard the noises from outside he instantly knew what was taking place. Seeing his younger sister on the floor he dove in front of her, taking a hit across the left side of his face, splitting it open.

Nova screamed as her older brother, Nigel, cried out in agony and fell to the ground holding his now bleeding face. However, he still had enough in him to protect his sister, receiving the next two whips in her stead.

"I may make a man out of you yet." Their father said, smirking, as he yanked their mother onto the ground and then proceeded to whip her.

Thinking back on that day, Nova wished that her mother had suddenly gained enough strength, to whisk Nigel and herself away, and leave their madman of a father behind forever. That they had bought a cute little house out in the country, maybe with a chipped white picket fence and bought a German Shepard dog. That her mother had remarried to a nice ice cream shop owner and that they lived happily ever after, but they did not. In fact, none of that happened.

Instead, it took their mother dying in childbirth ten years later for them to finally gain the courage to escape, with a two week old baby in their arms, and fear in their eyes, changing their lives forever. 

Hey guys! New book, new year, and all that Jazz lol!

I'm posting the prologue and the first chapter up today so please enjoy!

Updates will be posted weekly, every Tuesday with no certain time.

If you plan on continuing to read comment BUG'S LIFE!

I'm Out!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW