Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Nova sat in the kitchen of Le Papillon snacking on some ice cream while listening to Grace and Maddox argue, again. Maddox had just finished his set on the piano and had walked through the kitchen doors instantly claiming that Grace's musical selections were putting the patrons to sleep. Grace had instantly responded by stating that a real musician can make any song capture its audience. Maddox had almost exploded as they entered into a heated conversation bringing up past faults and experiences that made her cringe while eating her second bowl of ice cream and adding sprinkles.

When things began to get very personal and uncomfortable she decided to take her leave and slip out of the kitchen, deciding to take a quick peek into the main part of the restaurant. She was scheduled to play in a couple of minutes and she wanted to gauge the restaurant's occupants. However, when her eyes landed on a certain table they widened in disbelief and then narrowed in suspicion. 

There, sitting at the fancy table laughing and tossing her hair over her shoulder sat Kalesta, conversing with a pretty mass of fiery hair who was snuggled up to a tall figure with piercing hazel eyes. Another, younger, male that she had not seen before sat beside Kalesta, his head covered in curly dark brown hair. The figures laughed and joked with each other although, a figure with the hazel eyes seemed tense and fidgety. His eyes constantly jumping from place to place while he still attempted to appear present in the conversation. She wanted his eyes to land on hers and gaze upon her until she melted but she was met with icy sharp blue eyes and a sneer instead that forced her to look away in embarrassment.

She wished that this was one of those fiction books, where the heroine could just run home and gather her wits and then return strong in the face of her adversary. However this real life, and she had bills to pay and couldn't afford to scamper away, besides that wasn't her style anyway. So she picked up her violin and made her way out to the platform, avoiding eye contact and pretending that their table didn't exist. 

Although it was pretty hard when with every stroke of her bow it seemed Lily had something obnoxiously loud to say about her music selection, form, and general lack of theatrics while playing. She complained religiously, even going as far as to fake a yawn of boredom. It seemed that other patrons were beginning to be influenced as well and within two others it seemed all she could hear were complaints as she was practically booed off of the stage, which was swiftly claimed by an opera singer the crowd absolutely adored.

She walked solemnly into the little makeshift dressing room plopping down unceremoniously into one of the vanity chairs. 

"Tough night, huh?" Questioned a low voice. She turned to find Maddox sprawled across the little black futon in the corner, his hand thrown over his eyes and his tie loosened.

"Horrible night more like it." She groaned, getting up and falling down onto the floor in front of him. "How about you?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Terrible night," He groaned, throwing himself onto his stomach and burying his face into a pillow like a five-year-old.

"What happened to you?" She questioned, rubbing his hair. He turned to her and a small smiled fell upon his lips as he amber eyes stared into grey. 

"Nothing but an argument and confusing feelings." He mumbled. She suddenly registered how close they were and it seemed as if the room was charged with heat. 

"Confusing feelings about what? Or who?" She whispered, almost afraid to speak.

"Wouldn't you want to know?" He smirked, tapping her nose. "Go somewhere with me on Saturday." He spontaneously stated, rolling onto his side.

"Where?" 

"It's a secret, just dress nice." He smiled, now propping himself up onto his arms.

"Is Grace going to be there?" She asked, casually wondering if they were going to be alone or not.

"She's a Seventh-Day Adventist, she'll be at church on Saturday, so it'll just be us. Is that a problem?" He mumbled like he was trying to keep it a secret.

Just as she was going to respond the door flew open and the two sprang apart, Nova out of surprise and Maddox out of not wanting to be caught. Grace stood at the door, hand on her hips and eyes blazing, as she began to tear into Nova about her sub-par performance. However, while Grace was yammering on Nova made eye contact with Maddox who was slipping out of the door and gave him a nod in confirmation.

Now we see Grace and Kalesta together interesting...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Also remember to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!!!

Thanks ;)