Chapter 7

Six months have passed since Sarai and Quincy's engagement, a period marked by a whirlwind of emotions and preparations. Their relationship has blossomed, evolving from awkward encounters to a deeper connection. The looming wedding and the constant surveillance from cameras have created a feeling of being overwhelmed, yet Sarai navigates through it all with a calm demeanor.

On this particular day, Sarai and her sister Peyton find themselves in a cozy corner of a quaint coffee shop, whispering over cups of steaming coffee. Amidst the soothing clatter of the café, Peyton leans in, her eyes filled with curiosity. "How does it feel, Sarai? To stand on the brink of royalty, to be almost a princess?"

Sarai sighs, her eyes distant. "It's not what I had envisioned, Peyton. It feels overrated. I thought I'd be thrilled, but it's not what I truly wanted. And yet, here I am."

Despite her words, when she speaks of Quincy, there's an undeniable warmth in her voice. "Quincy is wonderful though, Peyton. He understands me, he respects me and our relationship is something I cherish."

Peyton, being the bold younger sister, coyly asks the question Sarai was half-expecting. "And what about... you know, the physical side of things?"

Sarai groans, a blush creeping up her cheeks. "Peyton, you're too much!" But despite her protest, she confides. "Quincy is an amazing kisser, it's intense, passionate. But we haven't gone all the way yet. The anticipation is driving me insane. The wedding seems more of a gateway to that intimacy rather than the grand event it is."

The conversation then veers towards their mother's excitement over the wedding preparations. Sarai rolls her eyes, "I'm sure mom has been bombarding you with intricate details of the arrangements she's making with Quincy's mom. She's over the moon. Remember how she always used to say we deserve nothing but the best? Well, with Quincy, that's what she believes I'm getting. And you know what? As long as I'm happy, she's happy."

Peyton grins, teasingly poking Sarai about her wedding dress. "I still can't believe mom let you pick your own dress. You're going to be the most stunning bride, Sari. And remember, I'll be right there with you, every step of the way."

As they continue their conversation, a new understanding blossoms between the sisters, a bond that is stronger and deeper than before. Their candid conversation leaves them both feeling a sense of anticipation for the grand event, and the life that lies beyond it.

The arrival of the VIP entourage, led by the ever-charismatic Cassius, was an event that drew the attention of everyone in the coffee shop. Sarai found herself unable to ignore the spectacle, especially when Cassius' gaze landed on her. His smile broadened, and he smoothly extricated himself from his companions to approach Sarai and Peyton's table.

"Hello, Sarai," Cassius greeted, his voice a rich, warm timbre that instantly made Sarai feel like they were the only two in the room. His eyes sparkled with mischief as he focused on her, "You're looking even more enchanting than usual."

Sarai laughed softly, her cheeks flushing with warmth, "You never fail to make an entrance, Cassius." She gestured towards Peyton, her smile softening, "This is my sister, Peyton."

Cassius gave a flamboyant wave of his hand, his grin growing wider as he responded, "Eh, eh, Sarai, it's 'Cass' to you, you know that." His voice was thick with flirtation, making Sarai blush even deeper.

Before Peyton could get a word in, one of Cassius's cohorts, a tall woman with a sharp gaze, sneered, "Oh, this must be the bride-to-be. How... quaint." Her companions, another woman and a man, tittered at her comment.

In addition to the tall woman's sneer, the other two cohorts also chimed in. The other woman smirked, "Yes, quite the step up for you, isn't it?" The man, not to be outdone, added, "A true Cinderella story. How very... inspiring."