Chapter 16

As dawn broke, the world still bathed in the soft, ethereal light of the morning, Quincy and Sarai found themselves stepping into the warm, bustling brunch place, a local favorite. The aroma of coffee and freshly baked pastries wafted through the air, mingling with the low hum of chatter and clinking tableware.

Peyton, Sarai's sister, was already seated at their usual corner table, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. As they approached, Peyton stood up, her arms open wide. "Quincy, Sarai!" she exclaimed, pulling them into a tight embrace. Their laughter echoed through the restaurant as they shared jokes and conversations.

As they pulled away from the hug, Peyton leaned in closer to Sarai, her eyebrows wagging suggestively. In a whisper meant only for Sarai, Peyton cheekily asked, "So, how are your orgasms?" Sarai feigned shock, playfully swatting Peyton's arm in response.

Quincy, who had missed the whispered exchange, looked at them quizzically. "What did you say, Peyton?" he asked, his smile curious. Peyton laughed in response, her eyes still twinkling with mischief. "Nothing, Quincy," Sarai replied, Peyton voice full of innocent humor. "I just asked how you both were doing."

Quincy, oblivious to their secret exchange, responded with a warm smile, "We're doing good," he said, while his hand found Sarai's under the table, giving it a gentle squeeze.

As they settled into their plush seats, noticing the extra chairs carefully arranged around the table, confusion dawned on both Quincy and Sarai. Quincy's playful eyes met Sarai's, a knowing smile playing on his lips. "Why are there extra seats?" they both asked almost simultaneously, their brows furrowing in confusion. Their conversation was interrupted as the restaurant door swung open to reveal Quincy's brother, Manu. His arrival stirred a wave of joyful greetings and hearty laughter, the question of the extra seats momentarily forgotten.

The table felt almost complete, but then Quincy's parents announced, "We have some more company joining us. The Conrads will be dining with us today." The Conrads were well-known in their circle: Cassius Conrad, his parents, and his little sister Alana. As if on cue, the Conrads glided in, their arrival eliciting a hum of pleasant surprise around the table. Warm smiles and polite nods were exchanged, the atmosphere around the table shifting subtly, a silent acknowledgment of the familial bond shared between the two families.

Cassius, always the social butterfly, greeted Quincy and Sarai with a mischievous grin. His words, seemingly casual, carried an undercurrent of a shared secret. Alana giggled at her brother's antics, her bright laughter ringing through the air. Peyton and Manu exchanged bemused glances, a silent conversation passing between them.

"Good to see you, Quincy, Sarai," Cassius said, his voice laced with charm. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Quincy responded with a half-smile, "Indeed, Cassius. You've been out of town?"

Cassius chuckled, "Let's just say I've been around having fun living life and enjoying people's company."

Sarai jumped in, "Well, it's nice to have you back, Cassius. We've missed your... lively personality."

Alana laughed again, "Right, Sarai. That's one way to describe my brother."

Manu, who had been observing the exchange, finally added, "Well, here's to a lively brunch then," raising his glass in a toast.

As the brunch progressed, the parents engaged in a hearty conversation about life, work, and shared memories. Sarai's mother, a gentle woman with a radiant smile, turned her attention to Quincy and Sarai. "How are you two doing?" she asked, her voice filled with the tender warmth of a mother's love.

"We're doing well," Sarai responded, her hand instinctively seeking Quincy's under the table.

Her mother's eyes twinkled with unspoken joy. "Well? Does that mean I might become a grandmother soon? You know, twins run in our family. How I cannot wait to shower my grandbabies with love!"