Part 8 - Before the Storm

Do vote, comment and share your thoughts

--------------

Has she exited the college gate she was stopped by the group of misfits

"bhenji"

"Well, well, look at Miss High and Mighty is here"

Ragini grinning "Miss High and Mighty? I like the sound of that. Thanks for the upgrade, guys!"

Laksh's Friend "You're delusional if you think this is an upgrade"

Ragini trying to walk away "Delusional or not, it's my life. I'll live it the way I want"

Laksh friends stopped her from further moving surrounding her they started laughing loudly

Laksh's Friend "Swara is such an amazing sweetheart, This girl can never match up to"

Ragini laughs "Well, I'm not trying to"

Laksh's Friend sarcastically said "Oh, the classic 'I don't care' line. It's cute"

Ragini smirking "It's not a line. It's the truth. If Laksh chose Swara, good for them. Doesn't affect me."

Laksh's Friend "Come on, Ragini, admit it. You're probably regretting it now"

Ragini rolling her eyes "Regret? Nah, I've got better things to do"

Laksh, fully aware of the situation, chose silence over intervention. His unresolved grudge against Ragini fueled a desire to witness her humiliation. While he refrained from participating directly in the ragging, he didn't step in to clarify or alleviate the distress either.

Ragini, attempting to muster strength, found herself increasingly affected by these verbal onslaughts. The onslaught of derogatory remarks chipped away at her resilience, making her feel vulnerable and powerless at times.

Three weeks drifted by, during which an unusual silence enveloped the communication between Sanskar and Ragini, despite their growing camaraderie they found themselves hesitant to bridge the gap. Meanwhile, Sanskar maintained regular contact with Rudra which sometimes frustrated ragini.

The unspoken emotions, like quiet ripples in a pond, persisted beneath the surface. Ragini grappled with the unfamiliar void left by Sanskar's absence and her efforts to stand tall and fight back. The relentless torment gnawed at her spirit, leaving her to navigate the storm of humiliation alone. Each derogatory word, a reminder of a love that was lost, intensified her struggle to find a voice amid the cacophony of judgment.

—----------------------

Ragini found herself perched on her favorite spot at the cliff top, her refuge from the world, the place where she shared playful banters and bitter-sweet memories with a certain someone. The late evening sky painted hues of pink and orange as the sun dipped below the horizon, signaling it was time to head home.

As she stood up to leave, her sandal betrayed her, caught in the embrace of an unsuspecting rock. Just as she was about to take an unexpected tumble, strong arms encircled her, preventing the impending fall.

"Have you made it a mission to risk your life every time you visit this place?" Sanskar teased, his tone a mix of concern and sarcasm.

Ragini, both surprised and shocked at Sanskar's sudden appearance, replied with a sheepish smile. "Well, you see, gravity is a bit tricky around me."

Sanskar chuckled, releasing her from the embrace. "Gravity? Ragini, even science would fail to explain your adventures."

Ragini curled an eyebrow. "At least I make life interesting. What's the fun in playing it safe all the time?"