Part 23

His vulnerability touched her deeply, and she held him tighter, silently conveying her support and understanding.

As they clung to each other, seeking solace amidst the turmoil, their moment of peace was shattered by distant noises. Ragini's heart skipped a beat, and she instinctively drew closer to Sanskar, her eyes wide with fear.

"Someone's coming," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the sounds of their surroundings. With bated breath, they stood together, their minds racing with apprehension, unsure of what awaited them.

Amidst the tension of their hideout, Ragini's worst fears came true as Anirban and his men discovered them. Anirban's eyes gleamed with malice as he cornered Sanskar and Ragini, relishing in the power he held over them.

"You thought you could escape me, after ruining my life?" Anirban sneered, his voice dripping with venom.

Sanskar's jaw tensed, but he remained defiant. "We never harmed you, Anirban. You brought this upon yourself."

Anirban's laughter echoed in the confined space as he delivered a brutal punch to Sanskar's gut, causing Ragini to scream in horror.

"Stop, leave him" Ragini's voice trembled with rage as she pleaded with Anirban to stop, her heart aching for Sanskar's suffering.

But Anirban only laughed cruelly, his grip tightening on the revolver as he traced Sanskar's face with its cold barrel. "What makes you so special?" he mused, his voice laced with disdain. "Every time, you manage to find a beautiful chick"

"But you'll die today along with her" and aiming revolver at him and ragini looking at them in horror

Sanskar's eyes narrowed as he assessed their adversaries, searching for an opportunity to break free.

In a sudden surge of adrenaline, Sanskar seized the moment, delivering a powerful blow to Anirban, creating a brief opening for their escape. With Ragini by his side, they dashed, their hearts pounding with urgency.

Amidst the chaos of their flight, a scuffle ensued, and Ragini stumbled, a cry of pain escaping her lips was harshly pulled by anirban's men.

Seeing Ragini in danger, Sanskar's protective instincts surged, and he turned back to confront their assailant. With a fierce determination, he launched himself at the man, engaging in a fierce struggle.

Amidst the chaos, a sudden blow caught Ragini off guard, striking her across the head. Pain exploded behind her eyes, and with a sharp cry, she stumbled backwards, her vision blurring as darkness encroached.

Sanskar's heart clenched with fear as he turned back to help her, but before he could reach her side, a sharp pain seared through him as a bullet scraped his arm.

With a gasp, Sanskar staggered, his hand clutching at the wound, his vision swimming with dizziness. Despite his own injuries, he knew they had to keep moving, to find safety for both of them. Gathering his strength, he scooped up Ragini, determination burning in his eyes as he pressed on, their escape hanging in the balance.

With Ragini cradled in his arms, Sanskar pushed through the pain, his determination unwavering as he struggled onward. Each step felt like an eternity, but he refused to falter, driven by the need to keep her safe.

Ragini's consciousness flickered in and out, her senses dulled by the throbbing ache in her head. She clung to Sanskar, her grip weak but resolute, finding solace in his presence amid the turmoil.

As Sanskar's strength waned, he stumbled, the weight of their ordeal bearing down upon him. With a heavy thud, he collapsed to the ground, Ragini still held close to his chest.