Part 9 - Fight Back

DP felt a sense of disappointment with Laksh; he had hoped Laksh would prove to be more worthy than Adarsh, but his expectations were shattered just a few hours ago. When he arranged Laksh's alliance with Ragini, he envisioned her as a perfect daughter-in-law, much like Pari, Adarsh's wife. DP hoped that Ragini's positive influence would impact Laksh, but the unfolding events were proving otherwise. The mockery he faced in the community was taking a toll on his health, and he felt helpless in assigning blame.

Upon reaching home with RP, a new drama was underway. Uttara expressed her desire to pursue higher studies, which DP didn't have an issue with. However, he had reservations about the major she wanted to choose. DP had asked AP to speak with Uttara and convince her to opt for something easier, but Uttara's stubbornness, coupled with Sujatha's support, escalated the drama.

RP, concerned, approached his daughter and inquired,

"Uttara, what's happening here, Bhabi?"

"I want to pursue higher studies in the field of my liking, but Badi Ma has a problem with it," Uttara replied angrily.

AP feeling offended explained "I don't have any problem, Uttara. All I am saying is to choose something that's easy. It's not like you'll be working post-graduation,"

"Why can't I, Badi Ma?" Uttara retorted, filled with rage.

RP, sensing disrespect in her tone, " Uttara watch your tone, is this the way to speak with elders"

"What Papa, you always problem with us, earlier bhai, ma and now me" rudely Uttara replied and walked towards DP.

RP sensing that Uttara might say something unnecessary tried stopping her but she just quickly kept her point

"Do you have a problem, Bade Papa and Papa if I pursue a management degree?" she asked.

DP, momentarily caught off guard, composed himself and replied, "No, you can pursue what you wish for. You are our only daughter, and we want your happiness."

"But Ji," AP tried to intervene.

DP gave her a stern look and continued, "I'll ask Adarsh to help you with admission procedures," and then he walked away.

"Uttara," RP called, but she ignored him and walked away. Tensions lingered in the air as relationships strained further. RP felt an odd distance from everyone in his family, from his son earlier and now his wife and daughter. He couldn't comprehend the reason for their anger and ignorance, wondering what sin he committed to receive such treatment.

—------------

The next week, Uttara arrived at the college for her admission, accompanied by Adarsh. It happened to be the same college where Laksh, Swara, and Ragini were studying. Adarsh called Laksh and requested him to show Uttara around his department, as he was in the final year of his MBA in the same college, while Adarsh spoke with the principal. Laksh, though puzzled, agreed.

As they walked around Laksh asked why she chose BBA, but Uttara, however, chose to ignore his question and walked silently alongside him, offending him in a way. Laksh received a call and excused himself, leaving Uttara near the auditorium. As he walked away, Ragini and her team were leaving the auditorium after their practice session. Uttara was surprised to see Ragini.

"Ragini di!" she called out and walked toward her. Ragini, equally surprised.

"See you around, Ragini," her team bid her farewell and left the area.

Ragini asked, "You're here?"

"I'm getting admission in BBA in this college," Uttara replied.

"That's great to know," Ragini responded, her expression showing a mix of curiosity and surprise.