Part 14

Sanskar entered the office premises with a heavy heart, the weight of remorse burdening his every step. The memory of the events from the previous night replayed in his mind like a relentless film as his gaze shifted towards Ragini's cabin.

The regret gnawed at him, as he wondered how he let his own frustration and turmoil manifest in such a destructive manner where she became the victim.

Sanskar stood outside Ragini's cabin, Ragini, sensing his presence, turned her head to meet his gaze. As their eyes met, there was a weight of unspoken words hung in the air, creating an atmosphere charged with tension.

At the threshold of her cabin, Sanskar hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. Ragini, anticipating his next move, felt a surge of fear that he would come closer and confront her.

The office, which was once dedicated to business, now felt like an emotional battlefield. Sanskar grappled with the repercussions of his hurtful words, while Ragini struggled to contain the pain that lingered in the space between them.

Just as Sanskar contemplated his next step, his phone rang, cutting through the uneasy quiet. Ragini, momentarily relieved by the distraction, heard the name "Rudra." Confusion and suspicion clouded her thoughts.

Ignoring her internal conflict, she stood up quietly and discreetly followed Sanskar, who had turned towards a wall to answer the call.

As she eavesdropped on Sanskar's conversation with Rudra, a sense of foreboding washed over her. The snippets of dialogue she overheard added another layer of complexity to the already strained atmosphere

Rudra's voice whined about the hospital food, and he requested Sanskar to bring him something edible. 

Rudra's next question caught him off guard, "Did you meet Ragini?" Sanskar's affirmative response made Rudra question further "How is she?" Sanskar hesitated before answering, "Fine."

The image of her dull mood flashed before Sanskar's eyes, and he couldn't shake the feeling that he was somehow responsible. Rudra, unaware of the turmoil between Sanskar and Ragini, added that he wanted to meet Sanskar and discuss his next actions, and Sanskar assured him that he would be at the hospital in some time.

Perplexed by the revelation, Ragini decided to follow Sanskar. She discreetly made her way to the hospital and saw Rudra inside. Anger simmered within her as she approached him.

"Why are you here, Rudra?" she asked, her frustration evident.

Rudra, trying to hide his discomfort, stammered, "Uh, it's just a routine check-up. Nothing serious."

"Routine checkup," Ragini scoffed, eyeing his bandaged wounds. Rudra winced in pain as she touched them. "How did this happen? Why didn't you tell me or anyone?"

Rudra, guilty for hiding the truth, admitted, "It was a car accident. I didn't want you to worry, so I didn't say anything."

Frustration etched on her face, Ragini reluctantly responded, "Fine, but you should have told us"

"I am sorry Raghu, I am fine now and will be discharged in a day. It's just a minor fracture, nothing more."

Ragini sighed in frustration, and Rudra pulled her closer with his unharmed hand, consoling her. The nurse entered the room to change his bandages, and Ragini and Sanskar stepped out of the room, leaving Rudra to the care of the medical staff.

As they stepped out of Rudra's hospital room, she confronted Sanskar, her eyes ablaze.

"Is all this because of you?" she demanded, her voice cutting through the tension.

Sanskar, maintaining an uncomfortable silence, only fueled her anger. Ragini's patience had worn thin, she didn't want to be near him, as she took few steps away trying to calm her thoughts

Sanskar cautiously approached her, attempting to convey his remorse. "Ragini?"

Turned towards him "I am sorry"

"For?" she asked in sarcasm

Sanskar regretfully "Look, I know I messed up before. I shouldn't have said those things. I'm really sorry."

Ragini ignores his apology, and walks away. She was not ready to face him, there were countless questions swirling in her mind and she needed answers. Sanskar's presence seemed to magnify the storm of emotions within her. Anger and frustration at his insensitivity mixed with a strange concoction of feelings she wasn't ready to confront, feelings which were growing, deepening, and more complex than what she had ever felt for Laksh, feelings which he ruthlessly stamped under his feet unknowingly.

Yet, amidst this emotional turmoil, Ragini couldn't shake off the weariness she felt when it came to Sanskar and his motives. She had learned to be cautious, to guard her heart against unforeseen complications. As she retreated from Sanskar's presence, she couldn't help but wonder where this intricate dance of emotions would lead her.

As Ragini walked away, Sanskar stood there, his guilt weighing heavily on him. The distance between them seemed to widen, reflecting the growing gap in their understanding. Sanskar remained rooted in his spot, grappling with his own emotions.

His attempt at an apology had fallen on deaf ears, leaving him in a pool of remorse. 

He, too, was entangled in a web of conflicting feelings. Regret for his harsh words, frustration at his inability to express himself, and a strange longing for Ragini were all battling within him.

He took a deep breath, contemplating whether to pursue her or give her the space she seemed to demand.

Sanskar, lost in his thoughts, was startled by a voice that broke through his trance.

"Why are you standing here like a wall?" Turning, he saw Abhay standing there and nodded in response, gesturing that it was nothing.

Abhay, sensing something amiss, wanted to question Sanskar's distant demeanour, but Sanskar asked "Did you find any lead?" Abhay nodded affirmatively and suggested they go inside to discuss.

As they entered, Rudra was surprised to see Abhay. "Did you find something?" he inquired.

Abhay, with a determined expression, shared his discovery, creating an air of anticipation.

"Guess whom Anirban met two days back?" he asked, capturing their attention.

Both Sanskar and Rudra were intrigued. "Who?" they asked in unison.

"our dearest Laksh Maheshwari," Abhay revealed, watching their reactions closely.

Sanskar's hands clenched involuntarily, a mix of surprise and anger etched on his face. Memories of the past, where Laksh had met Anirban, flooded Sanskar's mind, intensifying the gravity of the situation.

Rudra, sensing the tension, asked, "Do you think Laksh helped Anirban get out of jail?"

Abhay responded cautiously, "Not sure, but it's clear someone paid the bail money and also bribed the police for his release. Whether it's Laksh or someone else, we need to figure it out soon."

Sanskar, his mind racing, sought more information. "Any more leads on why Laksh and Anirban met?"

Abhay shared, "Not sure, but apparently, Anirban created chaos at one of Maheshwari's project sites." The pieces of the puzzle were slowly falling into place, yet the full picture remained elusive.

—---------------

Don't Forget To Click On The Star Button And Share Your Thoughts

Lots of love

- Crystal