Part 18

Sorry for the delay

Here is the next part

Hope you enjoy 

Drop comments and click on the star

show your support

@With love Crystal

------

They waited outside the operating theater, each passing minute felt like an eternity as they anxiously awaited news of Dada ji's condition.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the doors swung open, and the doctor emerged.

The doctor spoke, relief washed over everyone, Dada ji had suffered a minor heart attack but was now stable.

However, he would need to remain under observation for a week due to his age and the severity of the episode.

As the Maheswari family excused themselves and began to depart, Sanskar made a decision to stay. He couldn't leave without ensuring Ragini's well-being.

Meanwhile, Sharmistha and Swara bid their farewells, heading back to Badi.

Soon, Shekhar approached Ragini and Dadi, gently urging them to leave as well. He assured them that he would stay behind to keep vigil over Dada ji. Though Dadi was reluctant to depart, Shekhar insisted, emphasizing the need for her to take care of herself.

Sanskar offered to drop them home. Despite Dadi's reluctance, she agreed given the time of the evening and their exhaustion.

As Sanskar drove Dadi and Ragini back to their home, a heavy silence hung in the air, punctuated only by the occasional sound of the car engine and the soft hum of the night outside. Ragini sat beside him, her mind still reeling from the events of the day, while Dadi sat in the backseat, lost in her own thoughts.

Sanskar glanced at Ragini from the corner of his eye, noting the exhaustion etched into her features. He wanted to say something to comfort her, to assure her that everything would be alright, but the words caught in his throat.

As they pulled up outside the house, Sanskar turned off the engine and turned to face Dadi and Ragini. "We're here," he said softly, his voice carrying a hint of concern.

Dadi nodded, her expression weary but resigned. Ragini unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the car door, the cool night air rushing in to greet her. She turned to face Sanskar, her eyes meeting him in a moment of silent understanding. "Thank you," she said softly, her voice tinged with exhaustion and gratitude.

Sanskar offered her a small smile in return, his gaze warm and reassuring. "Take care, Ragini," he said gently.

After dropping Dadi and Ragini, Sanskar dialed Abhay's number, his mind still reeling from the events of the day.

Sanskar wasted no time in recounting the distressing incident at the Maheswari house, detailing the fabricated pictures and the subsequent health scare suffered by Dada ji. As he spoke, the gravity of the situation weighed heavily on his mind.

Abhay listened intently, his shock evident in his silence. "I can't believe this, Sanskar. Who would do something like that?" he exclaimed.

"That's what we need to find out," Sanskar replied firmly. "I need your help, Abhay. Can you look into this discreetly? We need to uncover who's behind these pictures and put an end to this before it escalates further."

Abhay nodded, understanding the seriousness of the situation. "Consider it done, Sanskar. I'll start digging right away," he assured.

Sanskar let out a sigh of relief, grateful for Abhay's support. "And Abhay, please, don't say anything to Rudra about this. He's still recovering, and I don't want to add more stress to his plate," he requested earnestly.