Part 12 - Hurt

The last 24 hours had left Ragini in a state of profound unsettling. As she tried to grapple with the intensity of her encounter with Sanskar, the emotions within her seemed to be in a constant state of flux.

The following day in the office, things took an unexpected turn. Sanskar, perhaps overwhelmed by his own emotions, started avoiding Ragini. His actions left her perplexed and, truth be told, irritated. The connection they had shared felt abruptly severed, and Ragini couldn't fathom the sudden shift in Sanskar's behavior.

Sanskar, on the other hand, found himself grappling with the turmoil of his own thoughts and emotions. The burgeoning feelings were new and uncharted territory for him. He had been heartbroken before, and the prospect of traversing a similar path made him wary. The intensity of his connection with Ragini was something he couldn't easily dismiss or ignore.

Caught in a maze of confusion, neither Sanskar nor Ragini knew how to confront this new reality. The revelation about Sanskar's family ties with the Maheswari's added another layer of complexity to their already intricate relationship. The unspoken tension between them was palpable, and both realized that something beyond the realms of mere friendship was brewing. They stood on the precipice of an emotional revelation, uncertain of where this unexpected journey might lead them.

------------------

A week had drifted by since the unsettling party, and Sanskar had returned to Mumbai for some business obligations. In the wake of the party, Ragini found herself at odds with Sanskar, who had been inexplicably avoiding her.

It was a Saturday evening, and Ragini was working in the office on some details.

Ragini was worried, Rudra, no one knew where he was, he has been out of reach since yesterday. As per her and others' knowledge, Sanskar was in Mumbai.She attempted to reach out to him for information about Rudra, but he, too, proved unreachable, which intensified her worry.

Despite his secretary's assurance of a business trip, Ragini couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something was wrong.

Amidst the chaos of her own emotions and current situation, she desperately sought ways to calm herself down. The confusion surrounding the recent events, from Dadi's insistence on marriage to her to her new fond feelings for sanskar

Although the pain from Laksh's betrayal had diminished, a new emotional turmoil had surfaced, and she struggled to identify it.

Perhaps it was fear, a fear of the unknown, a fear of what might come next. Whatever it was, Ragini couldn't quite put her finger on it. In an attempt to find solace, she immersed herself in work. The routine of tasks and projects became her therapy, providing a semblance of order and control amid the emotional storm.

Just like now where she was sitting in Rudra's cabin working on some of his project files, which he didn't ask her to do, but still she was engrossed in them.

She yawned and looking at the time she realized it was late at night and decided to end her day, when leaving Rudra's cabin, she heard a strange noise from Sanskar's cabin. Feeling scared and worried, she decided to check once, having a feeling that there could be some theft. Slowly, as she opened the door, she startled the other person. The room was dimly lit.

"Sanskar," she called his name in surprise.

"Ragini," he was equally surprised to see her.

"When did you return?" she asked, walking towards his desk, where countless documents were spread.

"Just an hour ago," he said, looking up towards her but then again concentrating on the paper in hand.

"Oh," she said. His eyes looked red, as if he hadn't slept for long, and his voice was hoarse.