we are grounders- 1- bellamy imagine

The sun shone through the tent you were currently living in. the bright light woke you up, as you still weren't used to life on earth. You had been looking forward to today, a group of you had planned to explore the area. Searching for new food, resources and even new medicine that could be used. You slowly made your way outside, spotting only a few people gathered together at this early time. With nothing else to do you sat down, grabbing a sharp rock and etching patterns into a nearby tree.

 You always enjoyed art, it was a beautiful way to express yourself and you loved to find deeper meanings to yours and other peoples work. Time seemed to stop, leaving you to your thoughts as you continued your drawing. Your mother always used to tell you to draw from the heart but let the mind guide your hand. She had a unique mind, at least that is what you told yourself, however other people often pitied your family for your mothers 'madness'.

"What are you drawing?" a voice said behind you, distracting you from your thoughts. You turned around to be met with the face of the camp 'leader'.

"It's a wilting flower, the petals being blown away in the wind." You replied, continuing with your work. Bellamy leant in closer, observing you as you guided the rock over the bark.

"Let me guess, it symbolises the earth and how even the most beautiful things end." He whispered, moving around to the side of you to get a better view.

"No...but It's interesting to see what you make of it." You said, pausing your work momentarily.

"Well, what is it then? What does it mean?"

"It's us.... We were on the ark in space, full of life. But then it started to become more and more difficult to live there, so we had to move on. We were sent here, blown in the wind I guess... the flower will be decomposed by microorganisms. The nutrients provided will aid other plants growth. That also links to us. We are down here to make sure it's safe, to die if necessary. We have done all of this for future generations. We are the sky people, creating life on earth. A new race." You explained.

"Wow..." Bellamy said running his fingers along it.

"You've put a lot of thought into this haven't you? Why are we the wilted petals?"

"I suppose it represents the bad things we have done. We're all criminals here. We've either caused damage or we have been damaged ourselves."

Both of you sat in silence, for what felt like forever, until you heard a familiar voice shouting hello in the distance. You spun round, waving at Finn as he walked past, on his way to gather supplies for your outing. You glanced at Bellamy, his eyes glued to Finn.

"Got a bit of a man crush have we?" you joked, nudging his shoulder slightly. He scoffed, standing up to leave.

 "Have I done something wrong?" you asked, getting up as well, wiping the mud off your trousers in the process. He shook his head and left. You thought it was slightly odd, but nothing was really normal anymore, so you ignored it and went to join Finn. He was stood with Clarke, jasper and Monty when you approached. Everyone else left, searching through the storage. Leaving you with Finn along with a girl you didn't know the name of.

"Sophie days" she introduced herself, holding out her hand.

"y/n" you replied, smiling as you shook it. The six of you packed a range of different equipment; you took two makeshift knives, a rucksack each and various other weapons. You chose to take a handmade bow and arrows, believing that you may as well catch some meat whilst you are out there.

You all left shortly after, following Monty through the forest until you were a fair distance from the camp, by a large, crooked tree. It was then you agreed to separate off into pairs; jasper and Monty heading north, Finn and Clarke east and you and Sophie west. You agreed to meet back up at the tree before the sun started setting, giving you nearly a full day to roam the forest and find your way back again.

Each group had their own way of marking their trail, jasper came up with the idea to mark trees, Clarke decided that she and Finn would use objects they find, like flowers, unusual branches etc. to create a path to follow back. Sophie came up with the idea of creating lines in the ground using rocks, which you can trace back. You agreed, seeing no other unused method and collected a couple of sharp rocks.

 You started off marking lines around a foot long every 2 metres, curving around various vegetation. It continued for a while, the two of you stopping every now and then to inspect different fruit bushes and seeing what kind of wildlife lived in the area. However you could no longer mark out the route when you came across rocky ground by a lake. You looked up to see the sun in the centre of the sky, indicating that you were over halfway through your day trip.

 "Look at these." Sophie said, as she picked a strange orange fruit off a bush behind her.

"Do you have any idea what it is?" you shook your head, moving closer to get a better look.

"Try it." She dared. You stared at her, wondering if she was serious. How could she expect you to eat that? You thought. She sighed, popping it in her mouth.

"No!! What are you doing you don't know what it is, it could be poisonous." You shouted, trying to get her to spit it out. She swatted away your hands, blocking any attempts you made.

"relax." She said "it's not and it tastes good, have one."

"No, seriously Sophie, you don't know anything about it, it could be deadly."

"But it's clearly not! I'm still breathing." She replied. She reached out to pick another one off, but her hand instantly shot up to her throat. She started to breath heavily, stumbling over onto the rocks."Help me..." she croaked. You ran forward, panicking, while her breaths started to get more and more ragged.