we are grounders- Part 3

"Don't be ridiculous! If I leave you, you'll die!" you cried, trying to haul her along.

"No y/n, please. I'll be fine. I can buy you time, so that you can get to the weapons. To shelter." You refused to leave but she shoved you away from her, an arrow pierced the skin on your leg as you moved back, adding to the unbearable pain. With no choice left you ran away, limping on your left leg. If you could get to a safe place you could try to find a way to get help, you thought. The world began to spin.

 "Don't faint. Keep going," you muttered to yourself. The outlines of the vegetation around you became unclear.

"y/n" a female voice yelled. "y/n." you tried to find the source of the sound but it was no use. The last thing you saw was a blurry form rushing towards you. Then everything turned black.

You woke up with the sun shining through the roof of the tent. Was it a dream? You thought. You shifted to sit up, gasping at the instant pain that flowed through your leg and head.

"Y/n, lie down again, you're not well enough to get up."

"Bellamy..." you croaked. He moved forward, sitting you up slightly allowing you to drink some water.

"It's me, I'm here." He said soothingly, running his fingers through your hair. He leant in kissing you on the cheek.

"What was that for?" you asked blushing at his abrupt act.

"For being alive. For coming back. For being you." He said. You looked away unable to hold his gaze. He placed his fingers under your chin, making you look at him again.

 "I don't know what I'd do without you... how id survive." You'd never seen Bellamy upset before so it shocked you to see him like this. You sat still speechless as he looked from your eyes to your lips. Slowly he leant in, hesitating slightly. Your lips brushed his. Hovering. Waiting for one of you to kiss the other.

"Oh....well....I didn't mean to interrupt.......we need to talk to y/n" jasper said as he appeared in the tent.

"No. she's not well enough to talk." He snapped, sliding away from you.

"I am. I want to" you interrupted. So with Bellamy's help you, jasper Monty, Clarke, Bellamy and Finn sat in a circle in the centre of camp.

"We need to talk about what happened" Clarke said. "Me and Finn were in the woods when we heard a scream, so we ran back to camp. We encountered some grounders but they were headed in the same direction. So we circled the camp for a while. That's when we found you y/n. I brought you back and treated your wounds" you nodded, thanking her for what she had done for you.Monty was the next to share his story.

"Me and jasper had pretty much the same situation, except we came across a clearing. There were marks on the ground, some drag marks, an X. there was even some blood on a branch on the ground. We were concerned about the rest of you. So we wandered around for a bit. We heard some grounders talking but it was in their native language. So seeing no other choice we came back to camp."

"Although it was quite difficult, the trails, marks on the trees etc. had been messed with. It was impossible to follow them back." Jasper added.

"We need to find Sophie" you said, feeling guilty for forgetting her.

"Sophie who?" Bellamy asked.

"Sophie days" you answered. Bellamy rested his hand on your shoulder.

"y/n there is no one in this camp called Sophie days..." he said. Looking at you sympathetically.

"Yes there is." Finn responded. Bellamy just shook his head, glaring at him.

"She's in the woods, she's hurt I can take you to her. We need to help her." You said quickly.

 "y/n, you were the only one in the woods where I found you." Clarke explained. You and Finn refused to believe that she didn't exist.

"Actually" jasper piped up "I think I saw her when we were collecting our supplies."Finn stood up, grabbing your hand, puling you along to where you left her. Bellamy's grip on your shoulder tightened, holding you back. He then walked forward with you, separating you and Finn.It didn't take you long to find the location.

"She's not here" you said.

"Where was she?" Clarke asked. You pointed to a space in front of you. The six of you crept forward, as you got closer you saw a pile of clothes on the floor. Monty picked them up, holding out a shirt with a hole through it, stained with blood.

"If these are her clothes, where is she?" he questioned, looking at each of us individually. You stared at the clothes, realisation hitting you hard, almost causing you to fall over. Bellamy wrapped his arms around you.

"She was a grounder......" you muttered, a feeling of betrayal washing over you. The others turned to you."She called the ark a sky ship, she knew what fruit was safe to eat. She talked about what you need to do to survive on the ground and she knew her way through the forest." You could barely breathe.

"Y/n, y/n! Look at me! Calm down!" you turned to look at Bellamy, breathing at the same rate as him. Slowly calming down. You leant into his embrace, wrapping your arms around his torso. He kissed your head, rubbing his hand up and down your back gently.

"It was a trap." Clarke said. "She was working with the grounders to get you to show them where our weapons are. If they got a hold of them, we would be defenceless." She turned to Bellamy. "We need to move them." He nodded pulling away from you.

"That's why she was so desperate to get there. That's why they ambushed me. She knew I knew the location." You said.You all returned to camp, tiredness from the events that had occurred that day catching up on you. You didn't feel like being alone so you entered Bellamy's tent.

"Do you mind if I join you?" you asked, seeing him lying in bed already. He shook his head, patting the spot next to him. You faced him, noticing how worn out he looked. You moved some hair out of his face. He took a hold of your hand, holding it against his chest. You could feel his heart beating rapidly.

"That's what you do to me." He stated. You tried to supress a smile, as heat rose to your cheeks. You didn't want to regret the decisions you made on earth, it was a fresh start. A clean slate. So without thinking you kissed him, your arms wrapping around each other. He pulled away.

"I thought you liked Finn" he said against your lips. You giggled at the thought.

"No bell, I like you. I've only ever liked you." He pulled you into him, connecting your lips again. This time with more passion. You lay beside each other for a while, talking. Using a pencil you brought down from the ark to daw in your notebook you had kept to remember your family.

 "What is it?" he asked once you had finished. You held up your drawing; it was a field of wilting flowers, like the one you had drawn before. Their petals blowing in the wind. On the next page was a tree. He looked at you oblivious to what it meant.

"The petals represent the same thing as my previous drawing.us. Our lives, the damage we've caused and the sorrow and pain we've experienced. The petals that are being blown lead to new life. Future generations. However here, they lead to a tree. This is us now. Our new lives; our generation. A community working together to survive. We are part of the earth now. Sophie, or whatever her real name is, made me realise something. We are no longer sky people Bellamy...." He closed the book, looking into your eyes.

"We are grounders."