12- Trust me- jasper imagine- part 7 (final)

The guard you were stood with punched you in the face, trying to make it believable that he caught you. You could taste blood in your mouth and felt it on your face. Good. That way it would be obvious that he wanted to hurt you. He pinned your arms behind your back and you started to struggle. If someone saw you walking with him, they would be suspicious especially as you were on the top of their most wanted list.

It didn't take long to get to the grounders room and you made sure you struggled more, shouting at the guard to let you go. You both entered, seeing only one guard in there.

"Ah. I see you found her." The new guard teased as you were 'thrown' to the floor. You pretended it hurt and backed up toward the cages. "I'll go and find someone. Watch over her."

He left the room and you knew you didn't have long. You told all the grounders to stay quiet, that you would help them eventually. The guard found vix instantly, although she was very weak.

"wait." You said suddenly, as he helped her over to where the dead grounders were disposed of.

"What?" he questioned, fidgeting nervously and glancing at the clock every few seconds.

"Do we have room for two more?" he nodded reluctantly, using his set of keys to free the two you pointed out. You helped the man and the girl you were next to when you were in the cages, letting them hold onto you as they climbed out. Both looked stronger than vix, clearly they were going to be drained next. They walked forward with you, thanking you.

The two grounders climbed into the tunnels, trying to be as silent as possible. Vix was next, using both you, the guard and the grounders below to help her.

"What are you going to do now?" you asked him, when it was just the two of you.

"I need you to knock me out, make it look like I tried to stop you." You nodded and threw some things around the room. Then he stood in front of you, waiting.

"Can you do something for me?" you pleaded desperately. "There's a boy named jasper, he's like me. But no one can find him. Please help him."

"I've already helped you escape...." He said, not wanting to accept your request.

"Please. I've helped the person you love live, so do the same for me." He couldn't argue with you and agreed to do the best he could. You knocked him out, then climbed down the tunnel yourself, the grounders were waiting at the bottom. You all ran through the tunnels, you and the man helping vix along the way. However she was just as desperate to get out as the rest of you, so she put in as much effort as possible.

You reached an opening, the light blinding you. It had been a long time since you had seen the sun and it clearly had for them too. The little girl stopped running, suddenly reaching her arms out to stop us as well. We all looked over the edge, a steep drop into a lake, or river below us. You could feel the spray of water from beside you.

"It must be hydroelectric. Or at least something similar. That's how they generate power." You said to yourself, knowing the grounders wouldn't understand.

"Stop right there!" a voice shouted as you heard feet shuffle against the dirty floor. You spun around the sight before you filling you with dread.

Jasper was trapped in the guards grip. The guard who had originally been with the grounders. The one who had gone to get help. He had a gun pressed against his temple, threatening to pull the trigger.

"If you try to escape he'll die."

"How did you get here so fast?" you asked.

"I was practically outside the door when you escaped. But there's no way out. You can't jump. You can't run. There's nowhere to go. I heard your little conversation with that traitorous guard, how you wanted jasper to be safe." he smirked, knowing how horrible this was for you.

"What about the guard, what happened to him?" vix questioned, hobbling forward slightly.

"Oh. Look at that. It's the little grounder who captured his heart. Let's just say he won't be talking to you anytime soon. In fact he won't even be breathing." He laughed.

"Jus drein jus daun" vix spat, now moving forward more aggressively. His arm straightened, the gun now pointing at you and your group.

"If any of you try anything, you're dead." He warned.

"Y/n. you were right. I'm sorry I didn't believe you, you were right. I love you." Jaspers words took time to register in your mind. Then everything went in slow motion.

Jasper twisted the guards arm, causing him to cry out in pain. Jasper was now free, but the gun was getting dangerously close to him. A gunshot went off, making you all cower to the floor, the bullet bounced off the roof of the tunnel, missing you all. They continued to struggle. You went to move forward to help, but you were pulled back by two strong arms. The grounder man moved forward instead, leaping on the guard.

"Run. All of you. Run. Jump." The man shouted as he wrestled for the gun. Jasper sprinted towards you, wrapping you in a hug, which you gladly returned, holding onto him tightly. You pulled away and held hands.

"We have to go now." The girl said, hearing at least four sets of boots running down the tunnels.

"One. Two. Three." She said and you all jumped off the edge. You fell for what felt like an eternity, clutching onto jaspers hands. The events unfolding in the mountain and in the tunnels disappeared more and more, the further down you fell.

You hit the water hard. Harder than you were expecting. The current was strong, so strong you let go of jaspers hand. You reached out but couldn't feel anything. You opened your eyes but couldn't see any one. You swam towards the light, your head eventually reaching above the water. You inhaled deeply, you lungs no longer starved of oxygen.

You couldn't fight against the current, so you let it take you where ever it wanted, as long as it was far away from the mountain. You ended up washed onto a pebbled beach. In the middle of the forest. You couldn't move, too exhausted from the day's events. You were swiftly pulled up, away from the water and cradled in someone's arms.

"Thank god you're ok." Jasper whispered in your ear. You looked up at him, kissing him softly on the lips.

"I love you too." You finally said, making you both laugh.

"I hate to interrupt." Vix said sarcastically, helping the girl out of the water. "But we need to get moving. They will come for us."

"Yes. We do. We need to find the others. Clarke. Bellamy. They'll help. They'll help the grounders as well." You agreed.

"No we need to go home." The girl said, scanning the trees for any sign of mountain men.

"Why don't we go to both?" jasper suggested. His idea was the most effective, so you set out on your journey home. Both homes.