7- Trust me- jasper imagine- part 2

The guards advanced on you, clutching your arms and dragging you out of the door. You knew he wasn't going to let you return to the others, he wasn't going to let you see jasper. They took you to a lower level, heavily guarded with no civilians around. They forced you into a room and then into a cage, locking you up.

 You turned to your right, a weak grounder stared at the cage base, barely moving. He rested his arm on his lap, small dark marks dotted on his skin.

"Hello. Do you speak English?" you asked cautiously, not wanting to upset or anger him in this state. He nodded, his head movement was so small you wondered whether he was answering the question or it was a twitch. But you knew how weak he must be if they are harvesting blood.

"How long have you been here?" you needed more answers. No wonder the grounders are so brutal and defensive, they have good reason with their own kind being taken and drained by the mountain men.

"f-four weeks" he mumbled, his eyes never changing position. You didn't want to push him further, he was in no fit state to be interrogated. So you sat. You had tried to pick the lock, tried to kick your way out, but it was useless. The metal barrier didn't move an inch.

You told yourself that jasper was coming for you, that he was going to save you. But who knows what kind of lies they were feeding him. Surely someone was as suspicious as you? You had good reason to be, you just hoped they weren't blinded by kindness and a false sense of security.

Not long later a grounder was brought in to fill the cage to your left. She looked slightly bruised, she most likely put up a good fight. You wondered how they find the grounders; whether they just snatch whoever they can. By looking at her you could see she was young, maybe 10-12. She was asleep for such a long time, you honestly thought she may be dead. However she did wake up eventually. She screamed and yelled in a language you didn't understand. Thrashing on the bars of the cage to try and get out. She shouted until her voice became dry and scratchy, until she could no longer scream without it hurting. You, and everyone else looked at her with sympathetic eyes, just like they had when you had arrived. Although when you came, most looked at you in shock. Each prisoner was a grounder except for you.She lay still for a while, sobbing. But soon stopped, wiping away her tears and sitting up straight.

"Emo souda nou see kwelnes." She whispered to herself. You looked at her confused.

"They must not see weakness." The man next to you said, translating her speech. Before you could respond the guards came in, picking the next victim.

"What about her?" the tall guard said, pointing at the new grounder. He went to reach for the cage but she leapt forward, ready to attack the guard. She was trying to look brave, yet her eyes looked frightened.

"no." you yelled, surprising everyone. "I'm one of the 100, my blood will be more useful." After a pause he nodded.

"Okay, get her." He shorter guard ordered, strolling over to an open space in the room. They opened your cage, hauling you out. They tied you up and sedated you, inserting tubes in your arm to drain your blood.

When you next opened your eyes you were back in the cage, but the world seemed more distant.

"Mochof." The girl whispered, reaching her fingers through the cage to try and comfort you.

"Thank you" she clarified, speaking English. You gave her a small smile, before resting your head on the back of the cage. With nothing else to do the grounders around you taught you some of their language. Treating you as one of their own since you saved the girl.

Shortly after that the shorter guard returned, standing in front of you. He laughed, folding his arms.

"You know..." he started, rubbing his chin. "Your blood is special." He reached out and teasingly touched the lock to your cage. "But we must wait until you have recovered before we take more. So we are moving you, away from these animals."You were tugged out, your feet unable to support your weight. He held you up, walking out of the room.

"yu will be punished gon chit yu laik doing kom osir. Jus drein jus daun!" you spat.

You will be punished for what you are doing to us. Blood must have blood!

A chant of "jus drein jus daun" could be heard as you were taken out.

"Well look at that. She speaks grounder now." He snickered, throwing you into a room quite a distance away. He handed you some clothes to change into.The room resembled the white one you were kept in, although this was more coloured, with cushioned walls around you. There was a simple, single bed in the corner and a desk with rounded off edges. The whole room looked like it was child-proofed. You truly would prefer to be with the grounders; the loneliness slowly sapping your energy away. That was why you were excited when a guards entered you room, instead of hovering outside.

"y/n." he said, moving to the door frame to make room.

"You have a visitor."