9- trust me- jasper imagine- part 4

You had been hiding in the dorm room for the last 3 days. You couldn't do anything, the risk of getting caught too high. Since your escape the guards and people had been given a picture of you, so that they can recognise you if you passed them. They knew you had never left because there had been no radiation leaks from open doors to the outside.

You had been speaking to some of the other members of the 100, getting them to ask citizens about jasper and if they had seen him themselves. So far there had been false leads and some suspicion.

"We can't keep you here." Monty said sadly one night when you were meant to be asleep.

"I know, but where else do I go?" you asked, unable to see a way out of the situation.

"You're going to have to leave, before they come for you."

"Leave to where? And how?"

"There are only around half of us in here, which must mean there's more of us out there."

"Unless they're dead." You interrupted, not liking the idea of being hunted by the grounders again.

"Octavia and Bellamy, raven and murphy, they can't be dead. They are out there y/n. they'll help."

"How do I find them?" I don't know, nut it's better to run and search out there than be shot on site in here." You nodded your head, knowing he was right.

"That doesn't solve our other problem." You stated, referring to how you were going to get out.

"There has to be a door to the outside near the top, right?"

"Yes, but it's probably guarded to avoid leaks."

"You can take down a few guards though."

"I don't know if I'll make it to the top." You said anxiously, already picturing the scenario of being surrounded by guards and then being taken back to the cages. "That's it" you exclaimed as the plan started to form in your mind. "The grounders have to get into the mountain somehow and the dead ones have to get out." you were proud of the plan of using one of these but Nathan joined in the conversation.

"It's still going to be guarded, more so if there is direct access for the grounders." You sighed, knowing he was right.

"Maybe y/n's right though." Monty defended. "We can still use the tunnels."

"How!" to you and Nathan both asked at the same time, eager to know the answer.

"By getting caught."

After you had both heard the plan it took a lot of explaining from Monty to get you to agree. In order to get out you had to be caught by the mountain men and taken to the grounder cages. Then you just have to make them think you are dead. They will take you to wherever they take the dead grounders. It will be then you make your escape.

You had to think carefully about how you would get caught, just revealing yourself would cause trouble for the others. You had to let one of the citizens find you and that involved sneaking out.

"Monty." You called, he looked up from what he was doing at the sound of his name. "Promise me one thing. Find jasper. Help him. Save him, do anything you can."

"I will." He promised. "Don't worry, when you're out you can get help." Just as he finished his sentence you heard multiple footsteps running down the hall. You dived over to your hiding place.

They marched in moments later, around 8 guards in front of the doorway.

"She has to be in here." The one said, bringing his hand up and motioning for the others to search the room while he guarded the only escape.

You peeked over the top of where you were, knowing it was too obvious. They would definitely search here, then any hope of Monty and the others finding jasper would be gone. You couldn't lose him. You looked around, desperate to find a place to hide. Somewhere they wouldn't think to look. You scanned everywhere but found nothing. You squeezed your eyes shut in frustration. Resting your head on the wall. Only when your head came into contact with it, it was jagged. You turned around, a vent in front of you. If you opened it, it would be too obvious

You found Monty, silently signalling to the vent. He understood straight away.

"I think I know where she is." He said, now with all the guards' attention. You unscrewed it without making a sound, thankful that whoever fixed it onto the wall did a terrible job. It came loose after a few minutes. With no time to spare you crawled into the vent, a dead end behind you. If they were to look in they would see you. You pulled the cover back over, making it look like it did before. You heard at least one guard approaching, his armoured boots making his footsteps louder. You put your hand over your mouth, trying to breathe quietly. You were certain the vent made your sounds louder, an echo being created in the confined space. You could see his feet new in front of the vent, the tip of his gun visible as his arm hung at his side. If you were out there, you would've been found. You just hoped you were going to stay alive to help jasper and the other 48 who were trapped in this mountain.