8- Trust me- jasper imagine- part 3

"Jasper" you said, as he walked through the door, past the guard. "It's so good to see you!"

"Yeah, it's good to see you too." He replied, sitting next to you on the bed. He held your hand, a concerned expression on his face,

"Have you come to get me out?" you asked hopefully. Guilt flashed through his eyes as he finally looked up.

"y/n they told me what happened." He said sympathetically. It was then you realised he had not been told the truth.

"Jasper, whatever they have told you, it's all lies. All of it!" you said quickly. "They need our blood! They are going to kill us!" you yelled, making him stand up.

"They told me you were ill."

"I feel fine, apart from having my blood drained!" you lifted up your sleeve to show jasper the mark, but it had healed. You had no proof.

"They told me you were ill mentally. That you were coming up with crazy theories and had become paranoid. I didn't want to believe them...." He sighed.

"It's true, there is a room down the hallway full of grounders in cages. They are collecting their blood to heal themselves after being exposed to radiation outside." You thought that if you explained it, he would believe you, but he just shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I want to believe you. It's just that this sounds ridiculous."

"It's the truth. Everyone's in danger. You have to get them out. You have to help me out of here then I can save you and the grounders."

"You know I love you y/n..."

"Do you?" you snapped. He walked toward the door, leaving you behind. "If you really love me, then why don't you trust me?!" you shouted after him.

The door was sealed shut confining you in the room again. You paced back and forth thinking of ways to break out. You could attack the guard when they brought you your food, but they would probably be armed. Where would you go once you were out of your room? The place was heavily guarded and you had no idea where you were or how to get out. But you had to at least try, or all your friends were going to die...

You needed to plan the escape as much as possible, which meant you wouldn't be escaping for a few days. You just hoped nothing would happen.You observed the guards; you looked at their physical strength and when they guard you. You crawled under you bed and broke a piece of wood off from the underneath. You used sharp pieces of wood that had fallen off with the main piece to sharpen it into a point, like a knife.You tried to picture the hallways you were taken down, but it was too long ago. You only knew that the grounders were down the left corridor, so you decided to head right once you had escaped.

A female guard opened your door to see you sat on the bed. She walked over, placing the dish of food on the table. You took this opportunity to strike. You sprang forward, swinging your knife into her arm as she reached for her gun. The gun fell to the floor, allowing you to pick it up. You couldn't see any other choice, if she was alive, she could warn the others. But a gunshot would be too loud. So, using the gun as a threat to stop her from moving, you killed her with your knife.

You swapped clothes, taking her key card. You placed her in your bed, pulling the covers up to make it look like you were sleeping.You exited the room, closing the door behind you. You tried to act normal, wandering down the corridors like you knew exactly where you were going.You came across a lift and figured the best idea would be to head upwards, thinking that your people may live nearer to the surface. You got in and clicked a floor reasonably near to the top, keeping your head down so no one would recognise you.You left the lift and you were met with a familiar sight.

 In front of you was the room you first went in with jasper, although it was slightly emptier now. You tried retracing your steps, finding the place where you had said you were going to talk with the person in charge. You searched through your memory, trying to remember which way he headed. You knew where you came from and where you headed and there was two other options. You opted for the east, cautiously wandering down there. You passed many room, but none looked as if they could hold all of you.

You came across it a short while later, two large doors opened revealing a shocked Monty.

"What are you doing here y/n?" he asked in a whisper. "You're meant to be being treated!"

"I need you to hide me" you said, strolling past him, shutting the doors behind you. Everyone's eyes were on you whilst you explained how you were kept in a cage with grounders. Of course not all of them believed you, thinking that you were crazy. But most did, as they had had their suspicions.You got changed into normal clothes and stayed hidden in the corner, behind some boxes and out of sight. Monty came to join you, thinking that you wouldn't want to be alone after having so much time by yourself.

"They took one of us." He started. "She never came back."

"They're going to take all of us if we don't get out of here." You stated. He nodded."But we will have to be smart, they're not going to let us just walk out of the doors."

"I know" you agreed with him, just happy that someone believed you. "Monty, where's jasper?" you questioned. He looked up at you, a worried expression clouding his features.

"I don't know..."